Chapter 2 - Don't Touch Me

Chloe's POV:

I rolled over with a sigh, stopping the constant beeping of my alarm. 6:30. I groaned, climbing out of bed and doing a zombie walk to the bathroom. I rolled up the sleeves of my sweatshirt and pulled off the bandages from last night.

Man, these are really bad. I sighed, hopping in the shower to wash off. When I got out I dressed in black skinnies, black vans with white laces, and my work top. I covered my arms in makeup and pulled on a black blazer. Left my blonde hair naturally curly down to my waist and applied some mascara. I walked out of my car and headed to Starbucks, aka work.

I got to the mall and headed to the food court. When I got to Starbucks, I walked to the back, throwing my purse in the locker and walking to the counter to serve my first customers.

"Thankyou, have a great day" I served my final customer and clocked out at 4:30. I stalked through the mall, deciding to go on a little tour. I stopped off at Pac sun to buy a couple of tank tops, just black and white, you know to sleep in. In Pac Sun I spotted Connor and Jc across the store, I called out to them and waved, smiling.

"Hey!" Connor yellled, running over, picking me up and twirling me around.

"Hey, Clo" Jc smiled, pulling me into a bear hug.

"Eaten Today" Connor questioned.

"I had a bottle of diet coke" I lied (it was water).

"It's an improvement from water, I guess" he said, oops.

"Where's Kian?" I asked, changing the subject.

"He's at urban outfitters with Andrea and Shelby." - Jc.

My face showed disgust at the sound of her name. Jc laughed and connor tried to hold back a giggle. I forced a smile, the best I could do.

"Don't worry babe" Jc sighed. "It'll get better, I promise."

"How can it get worse?" I sighed. They pulled me into a group hug. Then, I saw someone I didn't want to see. I sighed, Ricky was getting closer.

"Bye Guys" I muttered, turning and walking away.

"Hey Chloe!" I heard Ricky yell. I waved at him, without turning around, and left to my car.

It took all I had not to cry in the middle of the mall, I can't cope anymore. When I starrted the engine the tears started to pour, blurring my vision as I drove. I couldn't pull over, I was only a block away.

I arrived at my apartment and headed to my room, clutching a pillow to my chest and crying to myself. I rushed to the kitchen grabbing a chocolate bar from the cupboard. It didn't help, I ate one piece and immediately felt fat. I rushed to the bathroom, shoving my fingers down my throat and vomitting up my chocolate square. Suddenly, everything went bad again, I grabbed the razor and started to slice it through my arms, over and over again. My arms were covered. I sighed, gripping my phone and calling Libby. She came over and hugged me. She listened to me cry and telling me everything would be okay.

"Im so sorry" I sighed at her.
"For what?" She asked
"This.." I choked out between sobs "I always whine and cry at you, I'm so sorry. I must be so annoying"
"Babe, I understand it's okay"
"No! It isn't okay, nothing about anything is okay right now! I hate everything about my life, why doesn't anything ever go right for me?" I raged.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed with a text. Ricky.
'We really need to talk<3' - R
'About?x' - C
'Its complicated:/ Meet me at starbucks at 7?<3'
'Mall or down the street?x'
'Down the street:**<33'

I threw my phone to the ground in frustration, heaving a sigh. Libby got off of the bed and picked it up, looking at the text messages and pulling a face at me.
"Come on, you" she said. "It's 6:15, take a shower and get yourself sorted. I'll go home and I'll expect a slumber party here tonight. Call me when you're back and I'll come over. Love You." she ushered me into the bathroom.
"Love you too." I sighed.

I turned on the shower and jumped inside, letting the warmth calm me. I winced when the hot water burned my cuts.

When I got out of the shower I blowdried my hair, leaving it down naturally curly as usual. I flopped my side fringe in front of my face and applied mascara and foundation. I pulled on a purple and blue tie-dye top, tucked into denim high waisted shorts, as it was still summer.

I grabbed my purse and phone, starting the walk down the street. I guess Ricky and Libby were right, we needed eachother. Well, I needed him, anyways. I glanced at my phone, plugging my earphones and playing Counting Stars by One Republic. I arrived at the entrance to Starbucks. 7:03. Perfect, fashionably late.

I walked through the doors, my eyes scanning the room for Ricky. When I saw him - looking perfect in his flannel shirt and jeans, looking down at his phone, showing his perfect smile - I let out a deep sigh, knowing he would never be mine.

I walked over and tapped him on the shoulder, making him jump.
"Hey" I smiled.
"Hey" he replied. We just stood there akwardly.
I sighed, turning around to leave the store.

"Wait, Chloe? Where are you going?" Ricky asked behind me. I didn't reply. What? He never calls me Chloe. I got outside. When he caught my wrist.
"What's wrong?" he asked.
"Nothing" I replied.
"Why did you leave?"
I sighed. "We shouldn't be awkward, Ricky. We were best friends. It just... It feels like you don't care anymore."
"I'm sorry" he said, defensively. "I wasn't being awkward I just got a text, Shelby asked me to go over to hers." That hurt.

"Okay, run along sorry. Reschedule whatever it is you have to tell me for when you have figured out how to get your head out of her ass." I released all my anger.
"What is that supposed to mean!?" he yelled in my face, instantly making me regret my words.
"She uses you, Ricky. And you do everything she says." I sighed.

"Your jealous, huh? Just cos I always preferred her to you!" he yelled. That's it, heart in 100000000 pieces. The tears started to well. "No, Clo. Wait, I didn't mean that I-"
"DON'T" I cut him off. "Don't even talk to me." I began to walk away. He grabbed my arm pulling me back.

"Wait, what are these?" he asked, looking at the cuts, then back at me, sadness clear in his eyes.
"Don't touch me" I hissed, my voice cracking. I snatched my arm away from him and ran, ran home as fast as I could.

*A/N: Ooooh, a lot has happened in these first two chapters. Just to warn you a lot of my chapters will be quite long and all my stories will be quite short. I woun't be writing many with 58 chapters or anything. Anyway, Chapter 2. Lemme no what you thing. 3 up soon:)

-Charlie x