Friends That Never Part Ways

A/N Sorry guys for not uploading a chapter for this in a while... kinda been stuck with my other story :D

Nick POV

"Alright... that's the building" I said and pointed at the abandoned radio stationed that was covered in ice and snow, well not for long though. The snow had already melted from the streets, pointing out that we were wasting precious time. "Alright, let's go" She said and went on to head for the station, I stopped her.

"I don't think we should go" I said while looking at the building, I didn't want her to end up like the rest. "Why? This place is empty" She insisted, not sharing my worries. "Look... in the beginning there were hundreds of survivor groups, all of them tried to go downtown" I said and paused, I didn't want her to take it the wrong way so I needed to watch what I say. "Almost none of them made it past the Wall... actually only one managed to pass" I said.

"You?" She asked me, I giggled and I didn't even know why. It wasn't funny at all. "No, anyway. Back then we still had phones etc. so they were radioing all across Sahara Square... the last we heard of them was from this station" I said and pointed at the building she was so determined to go in. "So that is why you didn't want to go in? You're afraid of what might be inside?" She asked me calmly. "No Judy.... I was afraid you might die!" I said, amazing her. She wasn't expecting to hear this.

"What? You were afraid about... me?" She asked, startled by my confession. "These guys were military trained elites and they died... I am afraid that I won't be able to protect you" I said and breathed in, something told me that this wasn't going to discourage her at all. "It is good to have someone taking care of you but we need to find the others" She said and moved on... that was so cold. I say something like this and she just... god sometimes I think she might be too dumb.

I followed her into the courtyard of the radio station. Small puddles had been formed from the melted snow and the fences had cracked from the ice that broke on them. "Check the door, it might be iced" I said and she tried to open the door which thankfully was nothing more than a chunk of ice that cracked with the first touch. "Ok, let's go in" I said and breathed deeply as we entered the dark building.

"Go first, I can't see anything" She said and gave me the lead since there was no light in the room. I could see perfectly but she couldn't so I had to guide her every step. "We gotta find a way to turn on the lights" She suggested. "The station might... fuck" I said and stopped, realizing what was happening. "What is it?" She asked confused.

"The generator room is where they died..." I said, her eyes almost fell off their sockets. Yeah this was a dead end, we couldn't turn on the radio without power but if we went down there then we would most certainly die. "You think what killed them is still in there?" She asked me terrified, nothing seemed to be around here... this whole abandoned building thing might as well be a bait.

"I don't know, it's been years since then" I said and looked around for any possible movement, the place was indeed too suspiciously silent for my taste. "Then we should try" She said and poked me to move forward. One day she is going to get me killed and I have already escaped death more than once.

We reached the door that lead to the maintenance room where the generator was supposed to be. "I'm going in" I said and slowly opened the door which made a screeching metal sound. It was bitch black... with the only object in the room being the generator and... skeletons. "Judy, you are so lucky you aren't seeing this" I said and went closer.

Five skeletons of various animals were lying all across the room with died blood on the walls and floor behind them, there was indeed something that killed them. But what? What could kill five armed animals in such a small space? Not even an elephant can withstand the bullets from the guns they were carrying. "Nick... did you hear this?" Carrots said and pulled my shirt, something had entered the room way too silently.