Following The Devil

Judy POV

Zootopia appeared in the distance as magnificent as I always imagined it but I didn't feel the kind of awe I was hoping for. Even though I was far from the city there was no single sound t obe heard from withing the city borders. Nothing at all....

I guessed that whoever had killed everyone in the trail had come from Zootopia so i pulled out the double barreled shotgun and loaded it, getting ready for the worse. I didn't know what exactly I was getting ready for but there was only one certain thing: it was bad and it was deadly.

The train approached the city from the Sahara square which was the closest part of it to the Bunny burrows. My destination was downtown Zootopia where the Police department was located. I pulled out my cellphone and unlocked it, dialing my mother's number. No signal. "What?" I said and tried again. How could it not have a signal in the city....... something was Jamming the signal, but why?

Why would someone want to cut off communication to the outside world? I put my phone back inside and readied my shotgun as the train entered the city borders and started traveling inside the Sahara square. A loud roar was heard behind me in the distance, what the hell is going on? I looked out of the window: the streets were covered in sand, cars deserted in the middle of the street and houses either destroyed or barricaded from bottom to top.

The roar was heard again but this time it was much louder, whatever was making that sound was getting closer.......... but how did it outrun a train? I looked from the right window, searching the roofs for signs of life. Again the roar, now louder. My heart started pumping inside my chest like crazy and my ears were like antennas on top of my head.

Three, no.... five lions appeared on a roof two blocks ahead of the train. I went on to shout at them for help but it was then that I noticed what was going wrong, why Chief Bogo had told me to leave. They were down on all four and they were all roaring at me, they were savage!

The moment the train was passing in front of them they jumped on it, dropping me down on the floor. The windows cracked and the doors broke, allowing the savage lions to get inside. The leading one looked at me and growled before It pounced on me. I closed the door before it got to me and locked myself inside.

"Oh sweet cheese and crackers!!!!!!!" I shouted before covering myself with my paws. Another pack of lions jumped on the train, derailing it. For a split second I was floating in the air, then the train hit a building and everything went black.

                                                                                        ---~~~---

I slowly opened my eyes. Everything was blurry and hazy, I couldn't feel my feet and my head felt heavy. I sneezed from the sand inside my nose. My sight cleared enough so that I could see the wreckage of the train in front of me. The cabinet was burning on the collapsed building, broken glass was on the floor and parts from he broken wall had filled the room in which I was lying.

Something moved from the rubble and a lion emerged from the ruins of the wall. Another one came from the wreckage of the train. These two started walking slowly towards me, bearing their teeth and sharpening their claws. I started crawling backwards, still without feeling my feet. I wouldn't be able to crawl to that direction forever, the lions were closing in fast and my available space was almost over.

The first lion was only five feet away from me when it jumped on me with its claws out, ready to devour me. I closed my eyes and braced myself for the end, goodbye mom and dad.....