Unaware of his presence behind her, Kanwal took in every detail of the room. But as soon as she passed the mirror on the wall behind the table, she saw the reflection of Ahad. Kanwal quickly turned around and find him standing in the middle of the entrance with both of his hands in his pockets and an intense gaze fixed on her. Inhaling a deep breath, she stepped towards Ahad to leave the room. But before she could pass, he stretched his arm and held her hand.

"Where are you going?" Ahad asked.  

"I don't know." She answered without making eye contact.

"I can show you around."

"I can do it myself." On Kanwal's answer, Ahad pushed her onto the glass door and lean down to her face.

"Don't be like this." He said in a low tone, holding both of her arms. But Kanwal didn't respond and kept her gaze low.

"Kanwal, look at me." He commanded which she silently obeyed. 

Her eyes held many complaints. Complaints, she was planning to buried deep in her heart. Kanwal didn't have any expectations, anymore. But there is nothing she can do when her eyes refused to respect her wishes and hide everything. 

Eyes are the mirror of soul and Ahad can see through this. He has seen the silent protest in her eyes.  He was aware that her complaints are more than he has for her but Ahad isn't sure whether he could confront any inquiries. He wasn't ready to answer her. Therefore he decided to hold back his complaints too. Because half of them had already lost their meaning since Kanwal became his wife and has already accepted him without any objections.

Ahad leaned closer to her face and kissed her cheek. 

"Have some rest before lunch and don't walk around barefoot. Use these for now. I'll check where your footwear is." Ahad said, taking off his sleepers and he left after caressing her face gently.

Kanwal watched him go into their room again, feeling the lingering warmth of his touch. Reminding her once again what he is to her.

~*~

Kanwal did sleep a little before lunch and afterwards, she got busy getting ready for the Walima ceremony. Just like yesterday, beauticians came to dress her up and after getting ready, she was unable to recognize herself.

She looked like a whole different person, a celebrity who got ready for her Walima. On the other hand, Ahad was also looking no less than a celebrity too. Kanwal kept stealing glances at him when he was putting on his wristwatch but soon managed to control herself, as an arrogant smirk appeared on Ahad's face. No matter how much she said that he isn't the same Ahad she loved, but somewhere deep within her heart, she still is attracted to him.

"Kanwal." On hearing her name, she raised her head and found Ahad standing near, stretching his hand towards her. Without thinking, she accepted that hand and got up.

Taking a step back, Ahad took in her whole appearance and a satisfying look came over his face when his eyes finally reached Kanwal's face. He smiled at her, holding a glint of happiness and pride in his eyes.

"You're beautiful." He squeezed her hand slightly.

Instead of thanking Ahad on his compliment, Kanwal silently lowered her head. But on the next moment, she raised her head when she felt a ring slid on her finger.

"Now your hands look perfect." He said, looking at the ring on her left hand which almost has the same design as their engagement ring.   "You shouldn't have taken the ring off." Ahad mumbled, still staring at her hand and caressing it with his thumb.