Day one hundred and fourteen

*****Before you read this chapter. I do not actually think lacrosse is a stupid sport. It is said in this chapter for the sake of the story*****

     I ran up the stairs and almost tripped twice trying to get to my destination. When I got there he was standing there looking at me like I was crazy. In fact, I knew I was.
"Kate?"
"Just run, Kyle."
He didn't hesitate and neither did I as I ran after him.
     "What are we running from?"
     We were cut off by a 6ft tall guy standing in our way. The guy that chased me up the stairs stood behind us. I didn't know if I was going to die today, but I really never thought that I would die with Kyle.
"So, care to tell me what's going on?" He asked.
"They only want you."
"Okay..."
"Kate."
There was a pause.
"Katie."
Another pause.
"Katelin Bailey wake-up!"
     I sprang up and looked into Kendal's green eyes. We almost hit heads.
     "Don't call me Katelin. You know I don't like it."
     "Sorry, but you kept saying Kyle's name and you seemed to be in distress."
     "I'm fine." I said, "and so is Kyle."
     She had a puzzled look on her face.
     "Is there something you need to tell me?"
     "Nope."
     "Okay..."
"What time is it?"
"Three a.m."
"Oh, I'm sorry."
"You're fine, I hope. Why was Kyle in your dream?"
"I'm not sure, but it was weird. You woke me up before the ending."
"Oh, sorry about that." She said, "I just got worried."
"Could we maybe not tell Kyle about this? I don't want him to annoy me."
"Yeah, don't worry, I won't."
*****
     "Aw. You dreamed about me?"
     "Kendal Jones..."
     "In my defense Kyle and I are the type of couple that tell each other everything."
     Not everything. Believe me they have secrets that I keep for both of them.
     "And I told you that he would make fun of me for it."
     "I will do no such thing."
     I looked at him and slammed my locker shut.
     "Want to go there, Pony-boy?"
     "I told you that I'm Soda-Pop." He said then paused, "that's not important. What is important is that you tell me what your dream was about."
"Nothing important."
"That's where you're wrong. It is important. If it wasn't then you would have told me by now."
I looked at him.
"How are you so sure of that?"
"Hello my two best friends and one just-so-happens to be the best boyfriend."
She was trying to brake the tension but that didn't fully help.
     "You were being chased by these people and I had to warn you."
     "Where were we?"
     "The school."
     "Who was chasing us?"
     "Bennett and his friends."
     "Well, that's awkward."
     "You have no idea."
"Okay... let's go to first block before we're late." Kendal said.
"Alright."
*****
     It was lunch time and all four of us were sitting at the table together. I was surprised that Kyle could stand to be there.
     "You think I'm a bad guy?" Bennett asked looking at me.
     He pulled out his puppy dog eyes.
     "What? Bennett, no. You're a good guy it's just..."
     "On a softer note... prom." He said then paused, "The four of us in a limo or just the two of us in a limo?"
     "You are going to voluntarily invite Kendal and Kyle?"
     "Why not? We won't be dating for too much longer, and they are your best friends."
     "I smell something fishy... and it is not just the fish sticks that they're serving for lunch."
     "Maybe it's Linsey?" Kyle asked.
     As bad as I wanted to laugh. I just couldn't. That was a situation all of its own.
     "Hey, Kyle don't be mean." Kendal said to him.
     "Thank you." Bennett said.
     "You'll hurt Kate by bringing up Dick face's ex-lover." She said in a semi-sweet voice.
     "I recant." He said.
     "Good. Nobody at this table likes you anyway."
     "I'm going to get more pizza." He said standing up, "since I'm clearly not wanted."
     "that's probably the best decision he's made all day." Kendal said once he was out of ear shot.
     "I don't know... his pants really show off his baseball player a..."
     She kicked me under the table. It hurt so bad.
     "Fine, I surrender."
     "Good." She said with a victorious smile on her face.
*****
     I didn't stay for practice. In fact I couldn't hang out with Mr. Hanes because lacrosse season had started. I would have stayed to watch lacrosse practice, but let's face it. Nobody likes lacrosse.
     So, Kendal and I went home instead, and we sat on the couch and watched 'Reign' on Netflix.
     "So, tired of me yet?"
     "Yeah, actually... I thought having you here would be fun forever, but now I just want you out of my house."
     "Yeah, I mean would love to get out of your house, but this couch is was too comfortable for that."
     "Yeah, it really is." I confirmed.
     We laid down on the couch head to head and watched TV. That was probably the most yet least stressful night I have had in a while.