Day ninty-five

The day before the three day weekend I went up to the front office to turn in my prom form. Prom was actually free for me because I went last year, so it was literally just a form with some signatures. When I was up there Bennett came up to me.
"Our deal still stand, right?"
"I suppose, but we're still not broken up."
I saw his eyes spark with interest.
"We're not? Well, I thought our screaming match on Wednesday, after the wrestling match, was the end of Bennett and Kate."
I rolled my eyes, and put the form on the desk.
"No, not yet."
He nodded his head.
"Yet."
*****
"What?!"
"Kyle, yell at me one more time and I swear..."
"Yeah, why?" Kendal asked, "and don't tell me that you, Bennett, and Mr. Hanes came up with some kind of agreement."
I paused for a second.
"Something like that..."
They groaned in unison.
"Never do that again." I said shaking my head.
"Well, haven't you learned not to do something like this? You and Bennett going out until you throw your cap into the air..."
"We more or less have had this thing since freshman year when we started to date..."
"No, this thing was about junior and senior prom. Not about dating itself."
"So? At this point what difference does it make? We're going to graduate soon."
     "I'm done trying, Kate. You are stubborn, and you will try anything in your power to make whatever you want to happen, happen." She said, "and I hate that about you."
     "Yeah, you also hate that I think too much."
     "Yeah, I do hate that. All you do is think. Why you do that... I don't know." She said, "I have no idea why you can't just say, 'I like Mr. Hanes', and go make-out with him."
"Kendal, be quiet." I said, "someone will hear you."
We looked around the quiet outdoor area with no one around.
"Who? Who is going to hear us?"
"I am."
We looked up at Mr. Hanes. He came over from wherever he was. Kyle was standing around waiting on Kendal so they could leave.
"Sorry to intrude, but what Kate, Bennett, and I do is actually none of your business."
"As her best friend it is my business." She said, "and it's not right that she is doing this."
     "Kendal..." Mr. Hanes started.
     I looked at my watch, and it said four.
     "You can spend the night at Kyle's house, but you have to be at my house for my birthday party."
     She stood up from the pick-nick table with a smile.
     "I wouldn't miss it for the world."