Day ten: Lunch

I went to my math class, put my bag down in my seat and then walked to lunch. Kendal was staring at Kyle and vice versa. I was totally looking at them looking at each other because let's face it. I'm lonely.
I went though the line and turned around and Kyle was standing behind me.
"You're like a fungus."
"What?"
He seemed distracted.
"Kyle..."
"Just act like I'm not here."
"Okay..."
     Usually that's not hard, but since I knew he was there for a reason he wouldn't tell me it was hard to ignore him.
     We advanced in line, I got food, and I noticed that Kyle kept looking over his shoulder. He and I were walking back to our table. I turned around to look at him, and he didn't stop walking and ran into me getting his food all over me. I dropped my tray on the floor making an even bigger mess. This, of course made the administration react.
But I was just too mad at Kyle to care.
     "You dick!"
     "You're the one that turned around!"
     "And you're the one that's being weird! What the fuck is going on?"
     "Nothing..."
     "Never mind, I don't care. I will be back."
     I walked to the bathroom. A few minutes Kendal came in.
     "Kyle's..."
     I was trying to get it out of my shirt (whatever mystery meat substance it was that they offered for lunch) with the non-absorbent paper towels that they offered in the bathroom, but it was also on my pants and a little on my shoes.
     "Just tell me why he was acting like he was about to get murdered."
     "Bennett."
     "Of course." I said, "I'm not mad... I just need new clothes."
     "Well I can't help you there."
     "Hey." Someone called though the doorway.
     "What?" I asked looking that way, "figures you would freak Kyle out. Your such a bully."
     "All we did was somewhat rough him up a little bit. Nothing he couldn't handle."
     "You knew that it would make him hyperaware."
     "Yep." He said taking off his jacket, "I'll see you at the game."
     He threw it at me, and I caught it. He left and I looked at it.
     "Just wear it. You can't go to math like that." Kendal said, "sorry, Kate."
     "It's okay." I said with a sigh.
I put on his jacket. It was too big, it was comfortable, and it smelt like him.
Stupid Bennett.
     "I hope he wins, but I hope he gets injured in the process."
     "I thought you were passive aggressive?"
     "I don't like Kyle, but no one else can beat him up but me."
     "Point taken. I'm going to go sit back down. You can join when you finish."
     "Alright. I'll be there in a minute."
     I looked in the full length mirror. I sprayed my Bath and Bodyworks body spray (which Kendal brought me) over the jacket and myself. I turned to leave and Bennett was standing there.
     "I know your a guy, but could you not act like a pervert?"
     "I was just going to hand you some of my cologne so that you don't get my jacket smelling like you. Even though you always smell good."
He had lust in his eyes as he handed it over to me. I rolled my eyes and re-sprayed over it. I walked out to him. I handed it back to him.
     "That jacket is going to smell like it used to."
     "And your face doesn't look like it used to."
     I walked into the cafeteria with him following me.
     "You're the one that cut my lip."
     "And you're the one that cheated. New topic?"
"Oh, yeah, we're going to win, and I'll get you back. It'll be a win-win, for me at least, poor Kyle is going to kill you."
     I turned around and looked at him.
     "The only person who needs to die here is you."
     "I thought you were passive aggressive?"
     "Ask your lip." I said turning around to walk back to the table.
     I got some of the stuff out of my clothes, but my shoes needed the washing machine, badly, but there was nothing I could do about them now.
I sat in the chair, and looked at Kendal. Kyle was next to her looking like a beat dog.
"Kyle, it's okay. I know that it completely wasn't your fault."
He looked up.
"Wait, you're okay with this?"
"No, I'm not. I'm just not blaming you, entirely."
     He sat-up a little bit more.
     "What did they do to you?" I asked him, "And why do you act like a beat dog?"
"You know it's all fun and games until someone gets knocked up by the captain of three sports."
"What are you implying?"
     That told me that he was pretty beat-up, but that comment still hurt.
"Face it. He's going to sell you some half-assed sob story about what happened and you're going to swoon again."
Kendal hit him. Kendal did. I would have laughed if I wasn't pissed off by his statement.
"Captain douche." I said, "I'm going upstairs."
     "Go get him."
     "Hush-up imbecile." I said and walked out of the cafeteria.
     I went to Mr. Hanes's room. He was taking with another teacher. I knocked on the door and walked in.
     "Kate, hello, how may I help you?" He asked.
     "I'm good..."
     It was awkward. I wanted to talk to him, but the other teacher was there.
     "I'll see you later, Ray." The other teacher said.
     "Alright."
After he left I looked at Mr. Hanes.
"What can I do for you?"
"Let's say theoretically I killed my ex..."
"You did what?"
"No, that is completely hypothetical, but what if I did?"
"Um... Jail for man slaughtered, and you're friend would be too."
"Well..."
"Kate..."
"I didn't do it, yet, I want him to finish and win the game..."
"Kate..."
"Fine, I'll behave."
"Why do you smell like meat, body spray, and cologne?"
"Long story, and I don't want to talk about it."
"This is highly unprofessional, but I have an extra shirt, and I think a pair of sweatpants."
     "How about I just take the sweatpants?" I said, "my shirt is cover by the jacket."
     "Okay, hold on, and is that Bennett's?"
     "Yes, it is."
     He just nodded his head and handed the pants to me. I took them and went to the bathroom down the hall. I changed into them and brought my other pants into Mr. Hanes room.
They were comfortable and I didn't want to think about him wearing them. That is just wrong...
"Can you keep these until I came back at the end of the day?"
"Sure, put them in my closet."
My shoes couldn't be helped, but my shirt was smelling better and was hidden, and my pants were better now.
"Thank you, Mr. Hanes."
"No problem."
The bell rang to go to third block.
"Bye." I said walking out of the room.
It was a long walk from his room to my math class. I almost broke-out into a sprint to get there.
*****
     After math and Chemistry I went to Mr. Hanes's room to get my jeans.
     "Thanks again."
     "No problem, and I might come to the game."
     "That's great." I said, "you will not be disappointed. We're on a fourth year winning streak."
     "So I've heard."
"Just come. You won't be disappointed."
"Okay, I believe you. I'll be there."
     I grabbed my jeans, smiled, and left.