Day fourty-five

"I look stupid." I said looking at myself in the mirror.
"No you don't."
I looked at her.
"Okay." She said with a laugh, "maybe you do, but this is your fault. We're seniors, Kate, and you promised me that we would dress up everyday then go and sit in the student section for the first and last time on Friday."
"I hate you."
"I know." She chirped.
I was dressed like a cowgirl, and I felt like I looked stupid. Very stupid, actually. Kendal on the other hand looked great in her outfit.
Stupid Kendal.
"Now, let's go."
     I followed her into the hallway and Bennett was waiting on us. I ducked past him and up the back stairwell. I walked up to Mr. Hanes room.
     "Dressed up I see."
    I threw my bag in my seat and looked at him.
      "Help me. My best friend wants me to dress up everyday. I did well to survive sneaking past Bennett."
     He laughed.
     "What's so funny, Mr. Raymond?"
     He stopped laughing.
      "Don't call me that, and I'm laughing because I used to do that with my friends."
     "Right... But you were on the football team."
     "You know even if you snuck by him to get up the stairs you do realize that he's in this class too."
     I put my book bag on the ground and sat down.
     "Oh, yeah, I forgot for a second." I said, "what freaking possessed me to date him again?"
     "I don't know."
     I put my head on the desk, and it was silent for a minute.
     "Kate..." I looked up, "...if you want to help me grade papers this afternoon you can."
     I looked at him for a second.
     "Really?"
     "Yeah, why not?"
     "Sure thing, Mr. Hanes."