Day Two: Lunch

(Kyle Parker)
*****Mr. Hanes*****
I had 3rd block off, and that was one of the better ends of my teaching job here. I wrote stuff on my board for my next class, and kept thinking about Joanna. I was set to marry her this Saturday... That all changed when she decided she didn't love me anymore last Saturday.
Sure I should have seen it coming since it was with my best friend anyway. I mean I don't hold any ill will against them... Most days.
"Mr. Hanes?"
I looked up to my name and the knocking on the medal part of the door.
"Yes?"
"I left something in here."
"Alright. You can look for it."
He walked in and looked for whatever it was.
"Thank you."
"No problem." I said sitting back down in my chair.
He left, and I thought about Kate. I almost made her rear-end me, and she seemed to hate me, a lot.
So much for a good first impression on both ends.
*****Kate*****
I stabbed my un-eaten roll, and looked past Kendal with a blank look.
"Will you stop? What has that roll ever done to you?"
I looked at her meeting her confused look.
"Mr. Hanes is an idiot."
"So you're taking it out on your roll?"
"Kendal, now is not the time for you to criticize me."
"Maybe he likes you...?" She questioned carefully.
"Yeah, and maybe the earth is flat and if you walk far enough you'll fall off the edge."
"You're a history and science geek. You know that, that is not true."
I rolled my eyes, and put my fork down.
"I'm done." I mumbled throwing my tray away, "are you coming?"
"No, I think I'll go and find Kyle since you're pissed."
"Whatever."
I went outside and sat in the still warm August air. I was tired and I was glad that it was 3rd block. I looked up at the building and noticed that I could see his room from there.
Don't get me wrong. He's good looking, but... He's my teacher. That is forbidden, and ethically wrong.
*****Mr. Hanes*****
My room was perfectly positioned over the outside portion of the cafeteria. I looked out the window and saw Kate sitting outside. Lunch was almost over, and I knew that she wouldn't be sitting there for long.
I went back to the board and finished writing what I needed for my next U.S. History class.
I knew better than to ask Jonna to marry me. She always seemed to be in love with Devin whenever he came around. I don't blame them, but I still got the ring back, which was nice.
Maybe I'll fall in love again, but for right now, I'm going to stick with teaching.