Day twenty: Lunch

I didn't go to lunch that day. I walked to Mr. Hanes room. He was eating his lunch. I walked in without nocking or warning.
      "Kate, I told you..."
     "What is wrong with you?"
     "What?"
     "You. You're avoiding me like I have Tuberculosis or something."
     He sighed and set his fork down.
     "And what makes you think that?"
     "You... You don't talk to me, and you don't answer my texts."
     "Kate, you are my student. I am your teacher. That is it."
     "I understand that, but..."
     "Then that is it?"
     "Where did this stick come from?"
     "Excuse me?"
     "The stick that you shoved up your..."
     He stood up quickly and abruptly.
     "Enough! I am not your friend. I am your superior, you're teacher, and I'm not above writing you up for this little out burst."
     I swallowed my tongue, and walked out of the classroom.
*****Mr. Hanes*****
     I sat back down and rubbed my temples. I liked Kate as a student. She was bright and sweet, so I let that out burst slide.
     And it's not like I could have feelings for her. It was abuse of my authority and morally wrong. That and the picture of us at the stadium that Bennett had as blackmail was pretty convincing evidence that I should keep it professional. Not that I would cross that line anyway.
     She didn't come back into the room, and I had to push it all aside and get ready for my next class. All I really wanted was for the day to be over.