Unrequited love

Every pant she belted out sent shivers down his spine. It made him feel some kind of high he'd never felt before. She was his drug. He was addicted and didn't want to quit, then again what addict did?

The way her head tilted back in pure pleasure made him feel accomplished and compelled to work just a little harder to excel her expectations.

He loved her smooth, cool, arms around his neck and on his shoulders. He loved her nails digging into his back. The way she pulled him in with every arch of her back drew him closer and closer in. Every time he took a breath in he could smell her. She really was lovely to look at in this moment.
X
"Jerome," she said. "I think I love you." He smiled and pulled her closer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

His eyes shot open with a start. He got up and walked to the door, rubbing his eyes.

"Another dream," he muttered to himself. He opened the door.

"Heya bestie, I know a place we can sneak in and see a concert. You wanna go?" She asked. He smiled at her. He wanted to tell her how much he loved her.

"What time is it?" He asked. She walked in past him and sat on the sofa in his trailer.

"Eleven, last I checked," she told. He walked around before finding a shirt he'd lazily thrown down a night or two earlier. He threw it on and looked for a pair of pants. "What's with the morning wood, by the way? You having wet dreams about that hooker downtown?" She asked. He chuckled and shook his head. "A crush maybe? Is it that chick that runs the ferris wheel?" She asked. He shook his head again. "You must be gay! She's hot!"

"Not to me," he said. He looked at her and smiled. She smiled and fiddled with her sleeve. He found a pair of jeans and put those on as well.

"You're gonna have to be faster than this if you wanna go. The venue's like halfway across town and, last I checked, you don't have a car," she laughed. He held his hands up and went to grab his toothbrush and went to the bathroom on the west side of the grounds. She'd followed him the whole way there. "Jerome, why are you so slow?"

"Trust me, when I need to be, slow is the last thing people call me," he smirked.
~~~~~~

They crawled under the wire fence and dashed to keep balance. They snuck around on their toes and joined the large crowd of people. There were only a few lights on stage and it was already getting dark.

"Right on time," she told. They shuffled through the crowd a little before getting a few dozen feet away from the stage. The band came out. They started to sing. She and Jerome danced around in the crowd and laughed joyously.

"Now everyone, we want you all to chant with us and get louder as it goes. So, crouch a little and then jump up and party!" The singer yelled. Everyone cheered and he waved his hands, telling them to get down.

Everyone started to chant quietly as one, getting louder and louder before they all jumped up and belted out hoots and hollers and jumped all around. The band started up again and Jerome stood as she danced against him. He could feel himself getting a little turned on. He grabbed her by the shoulders and had her face him. He kissed her.

He didn't care if she didn't like him back, he had to get himself out there. She put her hands through his hair and pulled his lips closer. He put his arms around her and she pulled away.

She grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the crowd and back towards the exit. She lead him back to the carnival where they could go to her trailer in peace.

"Y'know, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you've wanted this for a while," he teased. She glared at him as she searched the trailer for her father.

"You're lucky the coast is clear or else this wouldn't be happening," she told sarcastically, still snooping for her father. She turned to him to see his arms open. She slowly walked over to him.

"There ya go. Yeah, that's it," he said as she wrapped her arms around his middle, wrapping his own appendages around her shoulders. He kissed the top of her head and hugged her tightly. She looked up at him and smiled. They looked at each other for a moment before kissing.

She pulled away and looked at him. He raised an eyebrow and she chuckled and kissed him again. And again. And again.

He went in for a kiss and she pulled away. He chuckled darkly and pulled her in. She squealed as she lent back with a giggle. He grabbed her by the cheeks and kissed her roughly. She broke away to laugh.

She grabbed his shirt and tugged it off him. He looked at her before tugging off her shirt as well.

He reenacted his dream that night and couldn't be happier.
~~~~~~~

"Christ, Dad, can't you just let me have a normal life?! He's been my best friend since we joined the carnival! God knows he would bend over backwards to keep me safe!" He awoke to hear her yell to her father.

"Don't you think I know that?! Don't you think I get that?! I get that he's your best friend since we've been here, but guys are guys! No matter what he's gonna end up hurting you!" Her father yelled back. He sat up to intervene. "You! You get the hell out of my trailer! Get the hell away from my daughter and leave her the hell alone!" He yelled. Jerome stayed put with a frown on his face. Her dad started to run at him and he jumped up and sprinted out.
~~~~

"Do the dishes, Jerome. Take care of the laundry, Jerome. Take out the trash, Jerome," He muttered with each chop of the axe.

There was a knock at his trailer door. "Who the hell could that be?!" He groaned. He wiped off his hands and opened the door.

"Hey, Jerome. I just wanted to apologize for my dad and- Oh my god! Is that your mom?!"

He went pale. He turned around and looked at his mothers corpse, then at her. She looked at him with such disgust that made his stomach churn. She turned around and started to jog off.

"Come back! Where are you going?! (Y/n), please!" He yelled. He ran a hand through his hair and went back to his trailer to sweep his prints.
~~~~

The door swung open. "The hell do you want?"

"Is (Y/n) here?" He asked. He frowned.

"No. She left. I haven't seen her since you left. I hope you know I plan on killing you now that you've slept with my daughter." Jerome drowned him out.
----------------

"And that's how the love of my life turned into an unrequited love," he sighed with a sip of his beer.

"That's just sad, man," Greenwood told.

"Yeah, I know," he told.