Tree hugger

"Where are we headed, Theo?" Greenwood asked.

"We need to find one more valuable person for our team. She prefers trees, over the ground. She's extremely silent at all times, stole a thousand dollars from the bank and slipped out unnoticed until they went to put something back in the safe and it was missing. She's rather.. Unaware of how to be careful of boundaries. She's a nutcase, but who isn't?" He explained. The stopped by a large willow and stood still. They heard a snap. "Come on out, (Y/n). No one's here to hurt you. We just want to talk," he said aloud. He felt you peering down at him from a branch. "I know you're up there, Sweetheart. My name's Theo Galavan. I want to make you an offer."

"Theo, she's obviously not here. Let's just go-" Barbara started before you hopped down on Jerome's shoulders.

"Hiya, nice to meet you. I'm Jerome." He told. You hung on him, your arms gripping his shoulders and your feet on his lower back.

"Why are you here? Did you come to take my squirrel? You can have him." You said, peering over Jerome's shoulder to see his face.

"Crazy and hot, I like it."

"Jerome," Theo warned. "We're not here for a squirrel. We want you to join us. We're a team. You're a valuable asset."

"Asset? Really? No thanks! I'm fine in my little tree here. Honest. As persuading as it is to get to work with a cute guy like him, I don't want to. I'm hidden and I like it that way." Jerome smiled.

"You think I'm cute? Aw! How sweet."

"You are! You're very good looking. Did anyone ever tell you, you had a nice smile?" You asked.

"No. They think it's creepy!" He exclaimed.

"That's rather rude. You wanna join me in my tree? We could see the stars perfectly!"

"Enough! (Y/n), we need you on the team. Come join us. I'll get you a secluded tree in a forest after you help us."

"Make it an oak tree and you got a deal!"

"Fine!"
~~~~~~~

"(Y/n)? Where are you?" Jerome called. You popped out behind him, upside down. "Oh! Of course. The scarf things. I forget you hang and swing on those. Any who. Would you like to join me for a picnic?"

"Can I go in any tree I choose?"

"Oh but of course! Any giant limb you choose can be yours to climb on! As long as I get a payment."

"A payment of what?" You asked. He smiled deviously.

"A payment of love and admiration of course!" He exclaims. You rolled your eyes. "Come on my little acrobat. Time to have some fun."
~~~~~~~

"Anyway, Princess, I killed her and bang! I'm in the nuthouse. Its crazy how fast people judge. Y'know?"

"Oh tell me about it! Jimmy was a total ass. Just because I shot a partner while robbing a bank doesn't mean I'm psychotic. Good thing I'm sly and quiet. I might still be in that hellhole," you said, grabbing ahold of part of a tree. You'd both finished your lunch and you'd found the perfect tree. You started to scale it, leaving Jerome on the ground. "C'mon, slow poke!"

"I don't know.. I ain't real good at climbin' like you are.." He said warily.

"Put your hand there, and your foot there." He did as you pointed. "Good. Now put the other hand there and grab any sort of big lumps you can."

"That's what I told-"

"Just pay attention!" He continued on and soon met you. "Hiya, cutie." You smiled. You climbed higher and waited for him on a large branch. He got there and started to slip until you grabbed his shirt sleeve and pulled him up. "Don't fall, sweetheart. We're just getting started!" You said, flashing him a smile and kissing him.