Sureiyazu Halloween Special!

Hellooooo there! Just a little extra something (that really doesn't fit into the story) to celebrate Halloween! This isn't supposed to have a specific point in the plot at all so it's filler in it's purest form! Have an awesome night!

Happy Halloween!! :D

(That was a lot of exclamation points!)

<><><><><>

"Everyone ready?" Akuma asked. "This night is going to be awesome!"

"You stole my line," Kasai laughed.

Everyone - and I mean everyone - was gathered in the main hall, ready for Halloween.

Yuri was giggling at something Heishi had said, her face turning bright red - made even brighter by the contrast of all the white she was wearing, since she was dressed as an angel, white feathered wings and all. Heishi was something he had called a "pumpkin knight", which consisted of an orange suit of some kind and a pumpkin he could put on his head (now under his arm) and which did not resemble anything knight-like.

"What are you even supposed to be?" Akuma asked Kasai and Hachirou, who were both wearing red and black.

"We're demons," Kasai said simply.

"Yeah, we decided that was overly stupid and ironic," Hachirou added. They were both wearing little black horns on their heads, and Kasai's dress was long and sweeping, the color of blood. His was much the same, but resembled a suit that could have been from Hana Firudo.

"So . . . you did," Akuma finished.

"Pretty much," Kasai shrugged.

"And I'm an archer," Ryou laughed. "Because I've never held a bow and arrow in my life! Or . . . until now . . ."

He was wearing a green shirt underneath a leathery brown cape, complete with a hood that fell behind him. He'd even borrowed a bow and a quiver of arrows from the weapons room in the castle.

"At least you look sort of convincing," said Akuma. "I'm a cat." She had on a an orange dress and matching cat ears. On the back, it had a tail that swished behind her when she walked.

"You look very convincing," Ryou said, trying his best to sound sincere, but a grin creeping onto his face.

"No I don't. I can't even do a good meow. I just found it somewhere."

"Actually, you look more like a - a fish," Kasai said, bursting into laughter.

"No I don't!" Akuma objected. "Cats don't even go in water! You can ask Tora!"

"You totally look like a fish," Kasai cackled. "A catfish! Oh, it's too easy, Akuma, it's too easy!"

"Is it bad that I don't get it?" asked Hachirou.

Kasai smiled smugly. "Inside joke."

Across the room, Aya and Taichi were trying to find something in a chest that they could use to collect sweets from strangers . . . Why is Halloween a good idea again?

Aya was a musketeer of sorts - an idea she'd gotten solely from the feathered hat she was wearing. Next to her, Taichi was a swordsman - an idea he'd gotten from Ryou's idea to be an archer. He didn't know how to pick up a sword, let alone how to wield one. (The large sword on his back was even a fake, because he hadn't known how simply heavy they were and didn't want to carry one around all night.)

Mizuki, wearing a black cape with the hood over her eyes, stood watching them.

"Aha!" Taichi exclaimed suddenly. "I've found some bags of some kind . . . What were these for in the first place?" He took from the box a stack of canvas bags.