Episode 39: The Interview

Hi peoples! 

This is another chapter that's completely insane and has nothing to do with the plot. You can skip it if you want to. But it's crazy. So feel free to laugh your butt off. I did while I was writing it, no joke. XD

<><><><><>

"Why the heck are we here?" Kasai demanded.

"Because," said Aya, leading the team into a brick building, "we were called here on urgent business. The letter said to come as soon as possible."

"Oh, sounds like fun!" Yuri cheered. 

"No, sounds more like the day-to-day for us," said Heishi.

Kasai grinned. "You're really proud of being on the team, aren't you, Heishi."

"Yeah," Heishi admitted sheepishly. "Yeah, I am."

Akuma took in the inside of the room they had walked into. There was a wooden desk littered with papers all covered in the same scrawl. There were white walls, with only a few papers on them. "Are those newspapers?"

"Yes, it looks like it," Aya said.

Taichi walked over to them. "Most of these seem to be about you," he said, looking at one with the words SUREIYAZU SLAY THE UNSLAYABLE. "Odd."

"Ew." Akuma crinkled her nose. "That headline is terrible."

Mizuki lip curled. "Truly awful."

"Where is the person who wrote to us? They said it was of the utmost urgency," Aya said, irritated. But it was at that moment that a door at the end of the room opened. 

The man had black slicked-back hair and glasses, and an extremely bright smile. In his hand was a stack of papers, and in his other was a pencil.

His smile grew even wider when he saw them. "Sureiyazu!" he exclaimed. "I've been waiting so long to see you!" 

"We came as quickly as we could," Aya said. "Now, please, what was this urgent situation you spoke of?"

"Let me be honest with you," he said, coming briskly closer. "I have wanted to interview you all for so very, very long! And now that you're all here - well, it's just -"

"Wait, interview?" Kasai repeated. "Crap."

The man laughed. "Such an interesting character. Now, who would like to go first?" 

"You're kidding, right?" Mizuki asked.

~~~

"Alright, let's begin," the man said. 

Aya sighed. "Yes, fine. Let's get this over with."

"Of course, of course!" he exclaimed. "Now, tell me. What is your relationship like with the other members of the team?"

Aya looked around at the room that she had been led into, leaving the others behind. On these walls there were no newspapers. There were only paintings and paintings of anything and everything. There was a waterfall, cascading over some large rocks. There was a white kitten, a blue ribbon tied around his neck. There was a sunset out over an ocean. It was very relaxing.

"With most of the members, it's very good. I consider them all close friends." Aya leaned back in her chair. "Kasai and I are very competitive, but other than that . . ."

"There were rumors about what happened to your master," the man continued. "Would you care to give me the story on that one?" 

Aya sighed. "He was very old, and he died. There is nothing more to it."