Episode 27: Lights, Camera . . . Sureiyazu?

Hi everyone!

If you've read my book this far, you've probably figured out that it's pretty much an anime in book form.

This chapter is a comedy episode like those seen in a lot of animes. I'm adding this because I just thought it'd be fun to write and because I realized I didn't have much comedy in the book.

This episode is not crucial to the plot and is completely ridiculous, so you can skip it if you really want to. But if you're having a bad day or something . . . well, it's ridiculous, so . . .

(And yes, I know the title is terrible.)

<><><><><>

A loud knock resounded through the castle.

Aya picked up her staff and walked towards the door to answer it.

"Hello? What seems to be the problem?"

The man at the door, a short, well dressed little man with hardly any hair, replied, "Oh, no trouble at all, actually. I was only wondering if you'd like to come see the play that I'll be directing in exactly one week!"

"Uhhhhh . . ." was all Aya could say.

"Well, here's the information in case you decide to attend." He thrust a piece of paper into her hand. "If you and your team would come, we'll save the best seats for you!"

"Umm . . . "

"Hope to see you there!"

And he trotted away.

~~~

Aya brought her encounter up over supper that night.

"I was thinking it might be a nice way to relax, at least for a night," she was saying.

"I guess," Kasai shrugged. "If they're giving us the best seats in the house, no charge, what's the harm?"

"I'm up to it," Akuma agreed.

"And I never have anything to do," Heishi added, "so I'm free."

"I'll come," Mizuki said. "So long as you all aren't still sore about the last time I tagged along."

Before too much tension in the room could rise, Akuma said, "No, it's fine. You can come."

Yuri said nothing.

"And Yuri could use some fun, anyway," Heishi said in an attempt to get any reaction from her. She stayed still and silent.

"In any case, it's a date," Aya decided.

~~~

One week later, the Sureiyazu, plus Heishi and Miuzki, arrived at the theater.

"Woah," Kasai said.

"Woah" described the theater quite accurately. Its ceiling stretched high, high above, and the number of seats seemed to go on forever.

"The Sureiyazu!" They hadn't even realized that the man had been standing there, because they had all been looking over his head. "So glad you could join us - right this way, right this way . . ."

No one objected, since they had been promised the best seats in the theater. But suddenly the man stopped walking and looked at Heishi and Mizuki oddly. "Who are they?" 

"They're our friends," Kasai explained casually. "We decided to bring them. You can ignore them if you want."

Heishi and Mizuki glared at Kasai, but the man just walked on as if that settled everything.