The Apartment

RJ pulled Dei by the waist and smushed his lips against hers as soon as their apartment door closed. Her hands flew around his neck and then moved to his hair, fisting clumps of it as she kissed him back fervently.

They continued walking as they kissed, aiming to get to the kitchen counter. She stepped back blindly, her hands now moving to the hem of his shirt, and accidentally bumped into one of the boxes piled up in the living room. The box fell from the pile and crashed to the floor with a clang.

"I think that has some of our new kitchenwares," Dei said breathlessly as she pulled away from his lips.

"Ignore it. We'll get to them later," RJ said impatiently before pulling her face again for another kiss.

They continued their blind walk to the kitchen and managed to bump three more boxes along the way until Dei's lower back hit the edge of the granite countertop.

RJ held her on both sides of her waist and lifted her up onto the counter. He pulled his T-shirt over his head and dropped it on the floor, their lips only parting for a second before they started kissing each other hungrily again with Dei's palms kneading the muscles on his chest.

His hands started working on the buttons of her blouse as his lips moved to her jaw. She threw her head back and closed her eyes, savoring the warmth of his mouth as he trailed tiny wet kisses from her neck to her ear.

His fingers were on the fourth button when they heard three loud knocks on the door, and Dei's eyes flung open. "Someone's knocking, babe," she said, her breaths coming out in ragged intervals as three more knocks hit the door.

RJ sighed sharply against her neck before giving her a quick peck on the lips. He picked his shirt up from the floor and grumpily pulled it on before heading to the door. Dei jumped off the counter and started buttoning up her blouse again, now suddenly feeling cold.

She watched as RJ opened the door and when it did, she saw a lady standing outside with a glass jar full of cookies.

"Hello there," she said cheerfully. She looked to be in her mid-50's, medium built and has eyeglasses that made her eyes look big. "I saw you moving your boxes in and I thought I should say hi to my new neighbors. I live right next door."

"Oh. Well, hello ma'am!" RJ said as politely as he could, still feeling a bit miffed at the interruption. Dei walked over and smiled at the lady while touching RJ's back to ease his annoyance.

"Oh, call me Mindy," she told them. "What a lovely couple you are! Here, please accept these cookies as my welcome gift. I just baked them."

Dei took the jar of cookies and nodded politely at her. "Thank you, Mindy. I'm Dei by the way, and this is my husband, RJ. Would you like to come in?" she asked, ignoring the glaring look that RJ flashed her.

"Oh, yes. Thank you," Mindy said happily as she walked in. "I've been bored all day and have been trying to find some stuff to do." She looked around and saw the boxes still piled in the living room and some of those that have toppled over and fell to the floor. "I see you're still trying to arrange your stuff. I can help you."

"Oh there's really no need, Mindy. We don't wanna bother you. We have brought loads of stuff and still haven't decided where to place them so..." Dei said as she laid the cookie jar on the counter.

"It's no bother at all," Mindy said, waving her hand. "I told you, I'm trying to find something to do. Besides, it would make the work faster and easier if you have someone to help you. I know unpacking is a tedious job and if you want to finish before night time you would need all the help you can get."