2|Deal With It

-Tori's P.O.V-

"Turn your pages to page 64." Miss Sanchez said as she roamed around to see if everyone had their books. Of course I have mine. I'm the best remember?

I sat aside my cockiness although I don't have the. Never mind. A big never mind. I opened my book to the page she told us to do.

"We're going to refresh you learnings all about radicals." And everyone groaned. I don't even know why I have to take math although, I won't be using any of these when I become a real model. Not that I'm not a real model now well like those famous ones.

"The fourth root of  32 all over the square-" Math has always been boring for me so I vanished in my own world.

They say math is everywhere, I don't know about that but I had to take math. No, actually, I'm forced to, because mom, ugh. I don't even know how I pass this subject. Considering it as a miracle. Modeling doesn't even involve any mathematical expertise so I don't need math at all. Speaking of modeling, I'm gonna have to go to ISA again on Saturday. Yey! Everyday and every second of my life so far, had always looked forward on my modeling classes which do occur during Saturdays. Modeling has-

"Miss Garcia" with just two words I was then brought back to reality. I see Miss Sanchez with her brows crossed and the tapping on her foot that marks her impatience. I stood up trying to search for people who would tell me what the fuck is going on.

"Yes maam?" I asked with my voice a bit shaky. No I'm not scared nor am I nervous. I may not say I like Math often cause it always bores me, to be honest but I do understand the lessons easily, not to brag.

"What is the fourth root of 81?" She says cocking an eyebrow. Probably expecting that I'm not going to be able to answer that.

Without wasting any second I tried trial and error for 2. Multiplied would be four and then eight and then sixteen two so nope. 3 would be nine and then twenty seven and the eighty one. That's it. Eighty one, wait was it eighty one? Yeah. So three.

"Three." With the word that came out from my mouth her brows then softened but then she wasn't satisfied. Screw you.

"Square root of a hundred and twenty one x raised to the power of eight y raised to the power of five." She says confidently. Assuming that I won't be able to answer it anymore. Little did she know that I remember this whole lesson way back before. *cough**cough* I was a bit of a nerd-ish before so. Explains it.

Square root of hundred twenty one. Nine is eighty one, ten, hundred, eleven! Right right eleven. Then x raised to the power of eight x to the fourth and fourth, x raised to the fourth. Y raised to the power of five, y to the fourth so that makes it y squared and square root of five.

"Eleven x raised to the power four y square square root of y." Nailed it. I knew it just the way her face did its thing. 

"Okay, take your seat."

So she thought I can't answer some oh-so-simple-questions.

Let's skip to the end of school. You wouldn't want to know all the boring stuff.

"I never really liked that guy." Nikkie says as she get some things in her locker.

"Thought you would never say that." Laine says as she fix her things inside her bag.

"I'm not that foolish dumbass that is too blind to see that her so called boyfriend was lurking with those freshmen." Nikkie said and finally closed her locker and I, too closed my locker and got up.