Twenty Seven

Important:
There is a one year time jump. The previous chapter is set towards the end of summer, but now we are jumping a year ahead to the start of the upcoming summer (:

Also, there will be drama coming up ... I'm so sorry. ): but, I'll give some smut to make up for it tehehehe

//

One Year Time Lapse:

Summer cannot come any faster.

Harry's days at Regina's company have been a trial by fire. Starting out, he spent his first week absorbing as much information as he could about the company's operations, trying to understand Regina's management style and the intricacies of the business. However, from the outset, he felt like he was treading on thin ice, anxious not to step on the toes of his more experienced colleagues.

The departure of Will, a familiar face in the office, only exacerbated Harry's feelings of unease. Suddenly, he felt even more out of place, like he was floundering in a sea of seasoned professionals. Despite his best efforts to learn and adapt, Harry couldn't shake the fear and anxiety that plagued him each day. Confidence, he hoped, would come with time, but instead, it seemed to elude him, slipping further away with each passing workday.

The pressure to perform and the constant worry of making mistakes weighed heavily on Harry, leaving him exhausted and drained by the end of each day. It was a relentless cycle of stress and uncertainty, and Harry found himself counting down the days until summer, longing for some relief from the relentless demands of his job.

The biggest challenges for Harry at work were Regina and Craig. Despite knowing her formidable reputation when he accepted the job, Harry had hoped that with time, she would warm up to him, treating him as she had during his art showing. However, that hope was quickly dashed as he experienced Regina's stern and uncompromising demeanor firsthand. She seemed unwilling to utilize his talents, instead favoring Craig for most tasks and projects. Any attempt by Harry to seek feedback or improve his performance was met with irritation, leaving him feeling like nothing more than a backup plan in her eyes.

Then there was Craig, the favored employee who seemed to effortlessly garner praise and recognition from Regina and their colleagues. Craig not only took credit for Harry's ideas and work but also enjoyed privileges such as attending meetings and contributing creatively. This dynamic had persisted for almost a year, with Harry feeling overshadowed and disregarded while Craig basked in the limelight. Even at fashion shows, where his photos went unnoticed, Craig's work was prominently featured and celebrated.

Amidst this challenging work environment, Harry found solace in his friendship with Jake, a fellow journalist who worked for the BBC. Jake's visits to gather information for his stories on Regina provided him with much-needed companionship and support. Their lunches together and regular check-ins offered Harry a sense of camaraderie in an otherwise isolating workplace, where he often felt invisible or unwelcome.

Harry found comfort in his friendship with Jake, despite initial concerns about potential romantic feelings. While Harry had speculated that Jake might have a crush on him, he began to realize that perhaps those suspicions were unfounded, simply products of his own insecurities or Louis' protective instincts. As they spent more time together, Harry discovered that Jake was genuinely kind, funny, and a bit nerdy, reminiscent of Niall but with a calmer demeanor.

Louis, however, wasn't entirely comfortable with their newfound friendship. He couldn't quite suppress his suspicions about Jake's intentions, leading to occasional tensions and disagreements between them. While these discussions were never too intense, they hung in the air, casting a shadow over Harry's interactions with Jake. Despite Louis' concerns, Harry valued Jake's friendship and appreciated having someone supportive by his side in the challenging environment of his workplace.