Eleven

Finally ... am i rite?

If you want to skip the slow burn, this is the chapter to skip to. LOL. Enjoy. 

I N S T A G R A M

♥ 15 likes

HarryStyles: Just incase.

//

It's graduation day. The day Harry can finally leave Collingham behind him and everything it represents. It's a time for him to focus on his passion: photography. Currently, he's hiding out in one of the school bathrooms, staring at his reflection. The tassel from his cap is tangled, and he tries to straighten it out, feeling the weight of the stole around his neck, one for high honors and one for his participation in the photography program.

His heart is pounding, anxiety swelling inside him. It's only a matter of time before he walks out with the rest of his class in front of a large audience, including many who may not know or like him. Initially, he almost declined the opportunity to speak, as he's never been comfortable with public speaking. But with encouragement from Niall, his mother, Robin, Gemma, Mr. T, and others, he reluctantly agreed.

His family is present to watch him speak and walk the stage: his mother, Robin, aunt, uncle, Gemma, cousin Claire, and his grandparents. They're all here to celebrate this significant moment in his academic journey. Despite the support, he feels nauseous.

"Harry?" Niall's voice comes from the door. He enters slowly, wearing a matching gown. "You ready?"

Harry hesitates. "I suppose. Kind of. I don't know."

Niall walks closer and reaches for his arm. "Mate, you're going to do great. I read the speech, and it's lovely. No one else deserves to be up there."

Harry eases up just a bit. "Thanks, Ni."

Niall smiles as he loops their arms together, leading them out of the bathroom and down the hall toward the cafeteria where the other students are gathered. Feeling a bit relieved, he still has doubts swirling in his mind, prompting him to stop walking so he can voice his concerns. He needs this moment of self-doubt.

"What if I fall?" Harry frets. Niall chuckles. "I'm serious," He insists, nudging him to stop laughing. "What if I mess up my speech? Or worse, what if I—"

"Harry, listen," Niall interrupts, gently grabbing his face to prevent him from speaking further. "Shut the hell up. You can do this. Believe in yourself." Harry remains unconvinced. "If you mess up, god forbid, I'll double up the embarrassment by doing something stupid, okay? Got it? You go down, I go down with you."