Thirty Seven

I N S T A G R A M 

♥ 1,223,111 likes

LouisTomlinson: Grape juice craving.

  View all 2,999,222 comments

    NiallHoran commented: That's nasty mate.

     UpdateHLDaily commented: craving?

//

"So, how do you feel about the pregnancy now?" Dr. Barnes begins the session.

Harry takes a moment to consider the question seriously. If he were asked this at the beginning, he knows exactly how he would have responded. He would have described it as the worst thing imaginable, berating himself and feeling overwhelmed by worries about public opinion and Louis' reaction. But now, after nearly fourteen weeks, his perspective has shifted.

Entering the second trimester has brought some relief from the challenging symptoms of the first. The nausea and vomiting have diminished, only resurfacing with certain foods. Cramps are less frequent and intense, and the spotting has stopped. Each doctor's visit brings the comforting sound of the baby's heartbeat. Physically, his body is changing, with a noticeable bloating and clothing no longer fitting properly. Yet, amidst all these changes, Harry finds himself embracing the pregnancy and feeling a deep love for the experience, especially knowing it's Louis' baby.

They've made the mutual decision to keep their pregnancy under wraps until they've passed the first trimester, when the risks are higher. Despite Harry's noticeable changes in appearance and frequent doctor's visits, they've managed to keep the news from the public eye. However, they know it's only a matter of time before someone pieces it together, so they're determined to inform their families before any rumors spread. Although there's been some speculation, nothing concrete has surfaced, and they want their mothers to hear it directly from them.

Louis has been an unwavering source of support throughout this journey. From fulfilling Harry's cravings to offering his lap for Harry's tired feet, he's been there every step of the way. Despite the rough patch following Louis' abrupt departure, they've emerged stronger than ever.

They've started attending couples therapy sessions with Dr. Barnes to address any relationship issues and to navigate the complexities of pregnancy and impending parenthood. These sessions provide a safe space to discuss their fears, excitement, and concerns, as well as to learn stress management techniques and relaxation exercises. Although it's not the support group initially suggested by Dr. Walls, the therapy sessions have proven to be invaluable in strengthening their bond. They meet with Dr. Barnes once a week as a couple, while Harry continues to have private sessions every other week.

Taking a deep breath, Harry looks up at Dr. Barnes with a small smile. "Honestly, I feel... grateful," he begins, his voice steady but filled with emotion. "At first, I was scared, overwhelmed, and unsure about everything. But now, as I've had time to process and as the pregnancy has progressed, I've come to embrace it fully. I'm excited, Dr. Barnes. Excited to welcome this baby into our lives, excited to see Louis as a father, excited to experience all the joys and challenges that come with parenthood."