Three

TW, there is the use homophobic language used in this chapter against Harry. It's not from a main character, but please advise when reading.  

Enjoy x

Harry takes in a deep breath while he waits at the back door to Stamford Bridge, anxiously trying to convince himself to actually go inside. The access pass hangs around his neck, granting him free range in the stadium, and his photography bag is slung around his shoulder. So ultimately, he can go in at any moment. Today is his first training session with Matthew for the internship. This is something he's been waiting for since orientation, and yet, on the day of, he's completely terrified to even walk into the stadium.

With another sigh, Harry pushes past the door and finally walks down the hallway. He remembers where Matt's office is from the orientation and heads in that direction. After knocking twice, he waits for the okay and then walks inside.

Matt is at his desk when he walks in, sorting through some folders that he stows away in one of his desk drawers. They greet each other with a smile, and Harry takes a seat in the brown leather chair in front of him.

"You made it. I'm glad you're here."

"Me too," Harry whispers, carefully dropping his photograph bag down at his feet. He knows he is the only candidate for this internship who actually has his own camera set. "It's good to see you again."

It's been almost a month since the orientation. This happens to be the last week of the one-on-one tryout for the internship with Matt. All the other students had been assigned a practice and game to attend where they can practice taking and editing photos, essentially showcasing their skill set. Harry is the last to go, mainly because of his shifts at the bakery, but he knows if he gets this internship, then he'll have to quit that job. But today his first session is to take pictures of a Chelsea practice and then follow up with taking pictures of a game.

After he has his two sessions, Matt will review all the applicants and make a decision on who will work alongside him for the rest of the school year on taking pictures of the team. The decision will be made fairly quickly considering he already has team and player photoshoots lined up in a few months, and he wants an intern to take them this year. So yeah, Harry is really looking forward to this.

"Today, I want you to really focus on getting comfortable with your camera. The team is just practicing today, so I think it would be good if you focus on where you want to stand on the field and what kind of settings you want to use that helps with the lighting in the stadium. Kind of prepare you for your first game. I don't have rules, really. I just want to see how you capture everything."

"That doesn't seem too bad," Harry notes more to himself, letting out a big breath. That is kind of what his expectation was for today anyway.

"Of course not. It's an easy day," Matt reassures with a smile. "Any questions?"

"Not that I can think of. I just want to thank you again for this, honestly, it means a lot."

"I should be thanking you and your professor," Matt laughs weakly, running his fingers through his fringe as he relaxes in his chair. "Me and my wife are expecting, so this whole internship will be saving my ass once the babies are born."

"Well, I'm glad I can help."

Matt stands up and guides Harry out of the office and down the hallway towards the tunnel. He's got a couple of meetings and calls to attend to, so he fully intends on leaving Harry alone during practice so he can unleash his photography without feeling any pressure. When he is left standing in the tunnel, Harry rests against the wall much like he did when watching Niall run around on the pitch and breathes deeply. The team isn't on the field yet, but there are loud noises coming from the other end of the hallway near the locker room, so that must be where the team is currently at before practice begins.