Chapter 12

I quickly answered. "Hello?" I said. "Can I please speak to Alice Hartley?" a lady said. "This is her" I replied quickly. The guys all stared at me while I was on the phone. "Your little brother Max wants to talk to you" the lady said. I sighed in relief. He's ok, Max is ok. "Hi Alice!" Max said. "Oh my god Max you scared the shit out of me. I thought something bad happened to you!" I said. "Sorry, I just really wanted to talk to you" he said. "Hold on Max" I said and looked at the guys. "You guys go ahead and watch the movie. I'm gonna be in my room" I said and walked up stairs. I went into my room and closed the door. "Hey Alice?" Max said. "Yes Max?" I said. "Have you talked to dad" he said. "No Max... I haven't" "oh.... Alice, does dad know that I'm sick?" "Max... I-I don't know. You need to rest ok. I'll stop by and see you tomorrow." "Promise?" "I promise. I love you Max" "I love you too". I hanged up and sighed. I threw the phone on my bed. Where the hell did you go dad!?! Why haven't you called!? My little brother needs you!! I need you.... Tears filled my eyes. I can't do this anymore, the fake smiling, pretending everything's fine when it's not. Someone knocked on my door. I quickly wiped the tears away and opened the door. "Alice- Are you ok?" Vic asked. I couldn't hold it in anymore, a tear escaped rolling down my cheek. I pulled Vic inside and closed the door. "Vic come with me to the tree house.. I need to find the envelopes" I said. Vic grabbed my hand and said "ok but first, you really need a hug". Soon enough his body was pressed against mine. And let me tell you.. It felt good. I pulled away and we went back downstairs. "Where you guys going?" Lydia asked as she ate a bowl of ice cream. The guys where all eating ice cream too. "Nice to see you guys found the ice cream haha. Anyways I need to go find something outside" I said and went out back. "What if we don't find anything?" Vic said. "If we don't find anything... I'll find another way to find my dad". I climbed up the ladder to the tree house. I opened the door And climbed inside. Me and Vic started to look around. After a while I said "did you find anything?". "Nope, Hey I didn't know you wrote music" he said looking at sheets of music I wrote my freshman year. "I use to... My dad taught me how to play guitar" I said. "This is really good" Vic said. "You think so?" "I know so" "well thanks" I said and smiled. I looked threw the sheets of music. Something slipped out when I picked up the papers. Me and Vic both looked down to see what fell out. My eyes widen... 2 envelopes and one had my name on it. I quickly picked them up and opened mine.

Dear Alice,

My beautiful daughter.. I'm sorry I had to leave like that. I never meant to put you and your brother threw pain. You may never want to see me again. I'm so sorry Alice, I hope you forgive me one day. I know I never really was there for you, I regret it now. I missed out on a lot of things in your life. I'm sorry for being an awful father to you. Me leaving like that probably affected you more than anyone. I broke a lot of promises, I never meant to hurt you. If you ever need me, I'm just a phone call away. Please keep in touch, take care of your brother for me. I love you and Max so much. When you find this please call me...

Love,

Dad.

Below his name was an address and a number. I put the letter back into the envelope and looked at the other one. This one had my Mother name on it. This letter wasn't sealed. I opened it and inside was a check and a letter. I sighed and closed it up again. Part of me felt like what he said in the letter was a lie.. I felt like tearing up the check. Giving us money isn't going to change anything dad. It isn't going to fix what you did. But I have to give it to my mom... She needs it. We need it. We are already behind on Max's hospital bills. I need a job. My mom needs a better job. Ugh! Why is life so fucking hard!?! "Hey. Stop it. Over thinking isn't going to fix things" Vic said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Sorry.." I said. "Don't be. Come on let's go inside" he said. I nodded. He's right.. Over thinking isn't going to fix things. Or is it?

Authors Note:

So is Alice going to call her dad? What's gonna happen when Jason comes over to have 'a talk' with her? When the hell is tony gonna confront her about what he saw!? The World May Never Know... Lol I'm kidding xD you'll find out in the next chapter.