Chapter 20 - Tender, Loving Care.

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
I was in bed, trying to fight the urge to leave my room. I hadn't seen Prince So in 4 days, as I was sick and not allowed to leave my room. Chae Ryung and Soo Unnie took turns to look for me but they left me alone. I wanted to just check on Prince So, so I shakily made my way to the door.

When I opened the door, I came face to face with a familiar chest. I looked up at the person's face, and it was the one that I most wanted to see. Prince So. He said "Young lady, where do you think you're going?" I said "I was going to see you...Are you feeling better?" He nodded and said "I was allowed to leave my room. But you, are not." Before lifting me up and walking towards my bed.

He carefully laid me down and tucked me in before going to close the door. He grabbed the cloth from the basin of water and squeezed the excess water out, before beginning to dab it on my face. He sighed and said "I heard you fell sick because you were busy taking care of me..." I shook my head and said "Aniya...I justdidn't take good care of myself."

Wang So's POV
Hae In had a very pale complexion due to her fever and I said "Have you eaten?" I nodded and said "Chae Ryung fed me porridge for lunch." He said "Are you hungry?" I shook my head and said "I'm not hungry." He said "I'll get you food later, now is time for you to sleep."

She pouted and said "But I didn't get to speak to you in a week..." I shook my head and pinched her cheek lightly before saying "After you get well, I'm all ears to what you have to say. Now, you have to rest." She said "Will you stay?" I smiled lightly and nodded before saying "I'll be by your side till you wake up."

She nodded and I held her hand lightly, standing up to press a kiss onto her forehead. I said "Have a good rest, Hae In." I placed the wet cloth onto her forehead and watched her eyelids close, and her breathing became shallow.

"Lady Hae In, I brought your medicine!" I was about to go to the door but realized that Hae In was clutching my hand tightly. I saw Chae Ryung coming through the door and she immediately bowed. "Prince So." I said "Just leave it on the table, I'll give to Hae In when she wakes up." She did as told and went out.
I changed the cloth on her forehead and stroked her cheek lightly.

Hae In has such a pure heart, she's so innocent, I hate it that I dragged her into my life - a hellhole, full of mistakes and hate. She stirred in her sleep and suddenly cuddled my arm that was on her bed. I couldn't help but break into a smile, she always manages to make me smile to myself...I unknowingly fell asleep with my head on her bed and I woke up when I felt someone touching my hair.

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
When I woke up, Prince So was asleep with his head on the bed. I smiled, not hesitating to bring my hand up to caress his cheek lightly. He has so many things that hurt him in his life, and he has to deal with them when he's awake, always giving that stoic, heartless look. When he's asleep, he looks so calm and vulnerable. I sighed, feeling my heart breaking whenever I thought back to how the Queen spoke to him.

The past 4 days had been hell, not being able to verify with my own eyes that he was doing ok. Ever since his poisoning incident, I had sleepless nights whenever I was away from him, constantly worrying about his condition. Whenever I got too tired and fell asleep, I would jolt up in the middle of the night, the same scene repeatedly running in my head. I saw Prince So stirring awake and he said "Hae In, you're awake." I said "You are now." He said "Sorry I fell asleep." I shook my head and said "You kept your promise. You didn't leave my side." While using my other hand to cup our intertwined hands.

He said "I told you I was a man of my words." I giggled and said "I believe you." He said "Chae Ryung brought you your medicine, but you were sleeping." He sat me up carefully and sat behind me, leaning me against his chest. I smiled and said "The tables have turned." He nodded and said "Careful." As he fed me the medicine. I drank everything, and he said "Are you feeling better?" I nodded and said "Slightly better." Before I could stop him, he pressed a gentle kiss onto my lips.

I said "You'll get sick!" He said "I'm strong. I won't fall sick, trust me." I said "Did you forget what just happened recently?" He shook his head and said "I remember. But I'm fine now, aren't I?" I rebutted "But you just got well, So..."

Wang So's POV
Her eyes casted downwards and I lifted her chin so I could look into her eyes. It was then when I noticed the tears that were beginning to roll down her cheeks. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into my embrace. I said "Why are you crying?" She sniffled and said "I was so scared...I- I thought I was going to lose you..." I hugged her tighter and said "I'm sorry I worried you...I couldn't let Mother poison Prince Moo...I- I was kept here, on the mission to protect him..."

She said "I understand...But- You need to promise me you'll take good care of yourself, and not put your life in danger..." I said "I'll try, I'm sorry, Hae In, I hate seeing you cry because of me." As I pressed my lips onto hers in a deep kiss, full of emotions. We broke apart when we heard "Hae In, Unnie's coming in!" I let go of her and sat her down onto the bed and Soo came in. She bowed and said "Prince So. I brought Hae In her dinner." I nodded and said "I'll do it. Go have your dinner, Soo."

She nodded and bowed before leaving. I grabbed the bowl of porridge and began scooping a small spoonful of it. Hae In protested, saying "So, I can eat by myself." However, I shook her off and said "I'll feed you. It's my turn to care for you now."

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
I can't deny that I like this treatment.