Chapter 24 - Queen.

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
"부인, are you ready to meet them?" I said "I'm ready to meet the Princes, but I'm not ready to meet your mother..." To be very honest, I'm very afraid of meeting Empress Dowager Yoo, also known as King Gwangjong's Mother. We were nearing the hall and I stopped. Prince So squeezed my hand lightly and said "Are you afraid?" I nodded and he said "부인, I'm here, aren't I?" I looked at him and nodded. Pressing a kiss onto my forehead, he hugged me and said "Don't be affected by her words. I will take care of her." I nodded and he said "Let's go."

We entered the hall and everyone stood up immediately before bowing. "King Gwangjong, Queen Hae In." I was about to protest when Prince So grabbed my wrist and shook his head. He said "At ease." Everyone waited for us to sit down before sitting down. The Damiwon ladies brought in the food and Prince So said "부인, let's eat." I nodded and he began to take a bite first. Then, everyone followed. We ate slowly, and Empress Dowager Yoo said "The two of you make such a great couple. Constantly causing trouble."

My utensil stopped in my mouth in shock, and Prince So looked at me from the side of his eye. I smiled and said "Thank you Empress Dowager Yoo, like what people always say, like mother, like son." I saw her widening her eyes at me and she said "You-" I smiled before returning to my food. Soo Unnie said "Queen Hae In, congratulations on your wedding." I smiled and said "Thank you, Soo Unnie." Prince So cleared his throat and whispered "You can't call her Unnie. You have to call her Lady Soo." I said "Really?" He nodded and I said "Sorry, Lady Soo."

After the dishes were cleared, Empress Dowager Yoo smiled and said "Queen Hae In, how is King Gwangjong treating you? I hope he is treating you well, and not hurting you in any way." The other Empresses sent her pointed looks and I said "Thank you for your concern, Empress Dowager Yoo. King Gwangjong is treating me very well." He laced his fingers with mine and I smiled lightly at him. Prince So said "Queen Hae In and I, we have to go out to the city to greet the citizens."

We bowed and left. I had done his make up for him before we left the room, so we headed straight to the carriages, that was deemed compulsory for us to travel in. We got on and he said "You shouldn't have talked back to my mother like that."

Wang So's POV
"I'm sorry, I just couldn't bear to see her hurting you like that." My heart clenched, I knew Hae In didn't mean any harm when she said that. I said "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that." She shook her head and said "Don't apologize, I shouldn't have behaved in such a bad manner. I'm sorry, So." He shook his head and said "Aniya. Don't apologize too." We felt the carriage lift up and he said "Let's go." They started moving and she said "So?"

I said "Yes, 부인?" She said "I love you." I wrapped an arm around her waist and said "Why the sudden confession?" She said "I didn't get to say it to you last night." I pressed a peck onto her temple and said "Thank you." She laid her head onto my shoulder and looked at me with her big eyes. I said "Wae? Why are you looking at me like that?" She said "Why am I so lucky?"

I said "So lucky? To be queen?" I saw her frown at me and I brought my hand up to caress her cheek lightly and brushed her hair out of her face. She smiled and said "No. I'm so lucky to have you." I said "부인, I was already yours before we got married." She said "And I was already yours before you became mine." We felt the carriage being lowered down and she pressed a kiss onto my cheek before turning back into Queen Hae In. One that screams of poise, elegance and love.

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
One of the guards said "King Gwangjong, Queen Hae In, we have arrived." As he swept the curtain to the side. Prince So got off first, and held out his hand for me to take. I said "Thank you." Before taking it and stepping out. The guards bowed and I said "Thank you." He was taken aback and but smiled lightly. I walked next to him and saw the different facade where he wasn't the Prince So I knew, but the King Gwangjong that lived for the people of Goryeo.

In the corner of my eye, I saw a woman holding back a child, who seemed to be struggling and wanting to come over. I said "King Gwangjong, please hold on." Before turning and ushering the child over. The woman, seemingly his mother, pointed at the girl and I nodded. I bent down and the girl ran over. The guards stopped her and I said "It's alright. Let her come." They stepped aside, and the girl came over and hugged me tightly. I said "Hello, what's your name?" She said "My name is Lee Yoo Jin, Queen Hae In." I said "Yoo Jin, can I ask why did you want to come over to us?" She suddenly cowered in fear and I turned to glare at Prince So, who immediately softened.

I brushed her hair back and wiped her sweat and Prince So came over.

Wang So's POV
Hae In is always so sweet, and I never knew how good she was with children till now. I could see that they loved her. I went over to them and did the same as Hae In, squatting down to the girl's height and said "Yoo Jin, are you very excited to see us?" She nodded and said "I want to study, but Omma says that I can't because there's no teacher." I said "No teacher?" She nodded. Hae In said "We will go back and discuss about this ok? Keep that passion for studying burning, we'll find a teacher for the children like you as soon as possible."

She nodded and said "Thank you, Queen Hae In and King Gwangjong!" Before running back. Throughout the day, Hae In has bought countless of food and distributed them together with the guards and also talked to the children.

I never married the wrong woman for myself, and also for Goryeo. Hae In has a heart of gold, deserving to be a Queen.