☽ The Goddess Inside

Start from the beginning

Archer looked at me and I could feel it get increasingly more tense, "She's a twin. . . In werewolf culture, do you know what that means when the heir to the Alpha is a twin?"

"No."

"Twins have to fight for the crown, they fight to decide who inherits the Alpha position," Archer paused and I looked at him, "To the death."

I wasn't expecting that, "They have to fight to the death?" I repeated, not understanding.

He nodded like it was normal but it wasn't.

"Well, if I were her, I wouldn't want to fight my brother or sister." Was that why Ever changed her name? Was she ashamed of her past and wanted to forget?

"I doubt she's still alive." He turned his back and walked around.

I opened my mouth, about to tell him that I've seen her, but he interrupted me.

"I should've gone with her." I felt bad for him and reached out to comfort him but at the last second, retreated back.

I wished I could tell him that she was fine but the last time I saw Ever, she'd jumped off a waterfall. Not very reassuring news.

"No, going after her would just cause more problems. Your parents would be devastated to lose a daughter and a son." I wished my parents would worry about me. Archer's parents weren't like most parents but they obviously cared about their children.

He froze, recoiling as if I just slapped him, "How did you know that?"

"Know what?"

"That I thought I should've gone with her?"

"You. . . said that out loud, right?" I asked slowly and tapped a finger to my chin, very confused.

But the answer was no, he hadn't said that out loud. So what did I just hear and how did I hear it?

Ah, it was the mind-link!

Archer grabbed my hand and tugged me out the door, "We need to go, I'm taking you to the Alpha and Luna."

Archer led me around the castles, in what I felt were circles, until we reached a part of the castle I'd never seen before. We stood on the other side of very tall and very grand French doors as Archer said,

"Alpha and Luna?"

"Yes?" Archer's mom, Luna Alex, answered politely.

"It's me."

Alex opened the door, her red hair in messy waves. She saw the look on his face and quickly welcomed us to her huge, spacious room.

"Archer, what's wrong?" She asked with concern, something I'd always wanted my parents to act to at least know they saw me.

"Maddy can mind-link. She could read my thoughts without even trying."

"That's a big. . . step," Alex raised an eyebrow slightly.

"Now do you believe me?" Archer asked a little angrily.