CHAPTER XIV: Flashback

Inside the bedroom of Kim Min Soo, lead vocalist of the internationally famous Kpop band Black Diamond, a man stood in front of the window, staring outside.

"I wonder if she's warm," he whispered. It was drizzling outside, and the sky once filled with stars was covered by clouds.

Outside his bedroom door he heard his screaming dongsaeng, the screams were trailed by a hearty laughter and the sound of an indefinite amount of hurried footsteps. He shook his head, he was sure they are at it again, like schoolboys going silly around each other. He smiled. But then he remembered her smile, and he was sent to melancholy again.

He decided he'd better get some sleep. There's no way thinking about her would help bring her back to him.

To us.

He corrected his thoughts. Why would she come back to him? He laughed at himself.

It wouldn't help in bringing her back to us.

That's right.

He sat down on his bed and laid his head down on the pillow.

What is this?

He smelled something quite familiar. It was calming, reassuring and it made his heart crave. For what, he doesn't know. He shifted his head to smell his pillow. It was her.

Her scent.

He sat up, took the pillow and hugged it. He sighed.

"I hope you're doing alright." He said to the white pillow in front of him.

Hugging the pillow in his arms, he lay back down. And breathing her scent, his worried thoughts was appeased, and he slowly drifted to sleep.

---

Several miles away from the Black Diamond Lodge, a woman slept comfortably on her bed. The woman named Anne who the world has been searching for slept soundly despite the sound of the heavy downpour of Jeju rain hitting the ground, and she dreamed as she usually did.

Outside her door, at the end of the corridor was the inn's registration counter, and across it was a small couch, big enough to seat two people. On that couch sat a man with a handsome face, his coat draped across his body, the top button of his white shirt freely open. He was dashing, and despite the events of the day, he still looked like a model out of a fashion magazine. He rested his head on the backrest, his right arm covering his eyes from the flickering fluorescent lamp of the inn's small lobby.

Several hours ago, after he and Anne finished dinner, he told Anne that he would check whether there's an available room from the innkeeper. Leaving Anne's room, he waited outside her door for five minutes, before knocking again to tell her that a room was made available, and that she need not worry anymore about him. The truth is, there was no chance of getting another room to free up that night, since the heavy rains had caused most of the flights to stay on ground and he had originally planned to sleep on that couch.

The cold wind from outside blew in through the lobby, and he felt the chills brought by it. He ultimately stood up and asked the innkeeper if he can lend him a blanket, but unfortunately, all the blankets are out as several inn customers had asked for extra blankets because of the cold weather.

The poor rich man sat uncomfortably on the couch, cold and exhausted. But he was happy. He provided her comfort, and for him, that is good enough.

---

The sun rose and signaled the start of a new day. The rains from the night before had brought a refreshing feeling all throughout Jeju Island, as Park Ji Soo was awoken from his nap by a call that his plane is cleared for flight at 7 a.m.