CHAPTER XI: In Another Life

Thud... Thud... Thud...

Anne opened the door of her hotel room and found Park Ji Soo standing in front of her. He was dressed in a white button-up shirt, and had his hair brushed up in a sleek style. Behind him was a hotel staff pushing a cart with two silver dome-shaped food covers.

"I thought maybe we could eat breakfast together, before we start the day. I hope you don't mind, I just don't feel like eating alone in my room." He explained.

Anne smiled. "Not at all. Please come in."

As the hotel staff prepared their breakfast in the room's mini-dining table, the two sat on the couch across each other.

"So, how do you find your room? Did you get a good sleep?" Park Ji Soo asked.

"Oh, the room is great, thank you very much. And I had a good sleep, the bed was comfortable, I slept like a bear." She smiled. "I'm planning on checking with my country's embassy today to find out when I arrived and where I supposedly stayed, maybe get some clues about what happened the past few days from there."

"If that is the case, well... I'm not sure if you'd like it, but I thought maybe we can start by visiting all the places you could've possibly gone to. Maybe it can help jog your memory?"

Anne's eyebrows creased in thought, "Well I'm sure I would've passed through the airport... and I do remember that I was supposed to fly to Korea for a medical convention. But my last memory was being on duty at a hospital in Manila hours before my scheduled flight."

"Well then, let's make the airport our first stop." Park Ji Soo smiled at her.

Anne nods in reply.

---

Anne stood in the middle of Incheon International Airport looking quite worried. Nothing in that place strike her as familiar, and the number of people walking past didn't help her focus on her thoughts. She looked at Park Ji Soo who was standing several meters away, who looked at her with an expectant expression.

She shook her head.

Park Ji Soo walked towards her, "It's alright. You'll get there. Don't worry," he encouraged her. "So shall we proceed to check the hotels in the area?"

"I remember a slot was booked for me at the Lotte Hotel by the organizers of the convention." Anne tells him.

"Well then, Lotte Hotel it is." He beamed.

---

On the way to the Lotte Hotel, Park Ji Soo received a call.

"Does it have to be me?" he said to the person on the line, "don't we have Mr. Ji for that?"

He paused to listen to the person's reply. He sighs.

"How long will it take?" he asked.

Anne looked at him in wonder. He looked displeased.

"Well I guess I have no choice anyway. Schedule it. Yes. Yes. No, I'm near, I can be there in 10 minutes. Yes." the phone call ended. He shifted in his seat to face Anne.

"Anne, I'm sorry but I don't think we can go to the Lotte Hotel today. I need to fly to Jeju to meet some investors... but I don't think I can leave you alone here, so I was wondering..." he paused, looking nervous, like a man about to deliver a marriage proposal, "will you come with me?"

Anne was taken aback. Jeju Island—the place where romantic scenes in dramas are made, where two lead characters go to further their love. A place enshrouded in mystery, a romantic place where love is born.