CHAPTER VII.01 - After Hours at Black Diamond Lodge

(BONUS CHAPTER)

"Kim Min Soo is the sun... and you're a sunflower."

Anne scoffed as she got back inside the bedroom.

"How am I a sunflower?!" She said to herself, walking brusquely towards the bed.

"But why am I getting so worked up?"

Just then, Kim Min Soo opens the door. Anne rushed to cover herself with a blanket.

"Sorry, I didn't know you came in already." Kim Min Soo tells her.

She peeks out of the sheets, "I'm not a sunflower!" she tells him.

Kim Min Soo's forehead creased, finding her odd, "I know you're not a sunflower. You're human." He answered back, shaking his head. "I just came by to get blankets, I'll be sleeping in Je Hoon's room... so you can be comfortable."

"Kim Min Soo..." Anne called out to him.

"What?"

"I'm sorry if I was mean or anything." Anne apologized. "I don't know why but I just felt angry towards you for some reason... I couldn't control it."

"It's alright." Kim Min Soo replied, immediately leaving the room.

Once the door closed, Kim Min Soo deeply exhaled.

Her heart remembers what her mind has forgotten.

He thought about the day of the accident, the way he slammed his hand on the beam. He was sure she saw it, and that would mean she knows he cost her everything. He caused her to get hurt. He caused her to lose her memories. He's the reason why she is in his room, claiming that she's not a sunflower.

A sunflower? He thought, wondering why she mentioned the odd thing. He shrugged, thinking she was just being weird, and made his way towards Je Hoon's room.

---

Deep into the night, inside the dark bedroom of Oh Je Hoon...

"Hyung." Je Hoon called out, sounding frustrated.

"What?" Kim Min Soo sleepily replied.

"Why do I have to sleep on the sofa?"

"You told Anne she can use your bed earlier."

"Yes I did... Wait, what... is this a punishment?"

"How is that a punishment when you willingly offered it?"

"I willingly offered it to Anne..."

"So there, you answered your question."

"Hyung."

"What?"

"Why do I have to sleep on the sofa?"

"You already answered your question, why are you asking me again? Let me sleep, I have an early shoot tomorrow."

"But why do I have to sleep here when you're the one who barged into my room?"

Kim Min Soo sighed, "Aish..." he sits up on the bed. "You willingly offered your bed to Anne."

"Yes hyung."

"She accepted the use of your bed."

"Yes hyung."

"Where is she now?"

"On your bed hyung."

"There's your answer." Kim Min Soo laid back to bed and covered himself with his blanket.

"So why do I have to sleep on the sofa?"

Kim Min Soo lets out a frustrated sigh. "It's because you offered Anne your bed."

"I still don't get why you're sleeping on my bed when I offered it to her."

Kim Min Soo sits back up, "You offered your bed to Anne right?"

"Yes hyung."

"And she's sleeping on my bed now."

"Yes hyung."

"Since she's sleeping on my bed, I can't sleep on my bed."

"Yes hyung."

"That's why I'm here in your room, sleeping on your bed."

"So why do I have to sleep on the sofa?"

"Because I traded places with Anne!"

"Ahh... you should have said that earlier hyung."

"Aish!" Kim Min Soo gruffly lies back down in bed.

"But hyung..."

"What?"

"Why do I have to sleep on the sofa?"

"Aishgtemakladafasz! I'm too angry to sleep! Aish! Sleep in your bed! Aish!" Kim Min Soo grumpily walked out of Oh Je Hoon's room.

Oh Je Hoon immediately stood up. "Asa!" he throws his fist up in the air in celebration, happy for successfully evicting his hyung out of his room. He walked towards his bed and hugging his mattress, he happily said, "My bed! I missed you!" and slowly drifted back to sleep.

---

Kim Min Soo sat down on the living room sofa and tried to calm himself to get back to sleep. After several minutes, somnolence has enveloped him, and he decided to lie down.

Slowly, he drifted to dreamland. He found himself standing in a big stage in front of a huge audience. He felt ecstatic, as he stepped forward towards the microphone. Fans were screaming as his handsome face filled the wide screen, and with this his heart feeling full, he strummed his guitar to signal the beginning of his first song.

As Kim Min Soo opened his lips to sing the first words of the song, something hit his face. The widescreen had his face on focus, his face now fully wet by the unknown liquid. The source stood at the VIP section of the stadium, near the stage, laughing hysterically. "Take that you asshole! That's for punching a national treasure you irresponsible dimwit!"

The fans went livid. They can't believe their idol was treated like that in front of their eyes. A mob was forming in the front seats, grabbing and punching the assailant. Kim Min Soo stood on stage appalled— in disbelief. The events slowly unfolded in front of his eyes. Alone in his thoughts in front of thousands of people he pondered:

Was I really that bad?

Did I really deserve that?

Suddenly, a woman came rushing towards him from the sea of people below the stage. The security wasn't able to stop her, she was just too strong. As she rushed towards him, he felt afraid, he worried for his safety, but once she made it in front of him, her face and her clothes changed.

"You?" he asked the woman, whose hair rippled gracefully as a gentle wind blew around her.

"Kim Min Soo shi..." the woman replied. "What are you doing here? You're wet." The woman smiled and wiped his face dry, "I'm sorry for coming late." The woman drew her face closer to his, smiled brightly and gave him a deep, passionate kiss.