CHAPTER II: Kim Min Soo

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!"

"Kim Min Soo oppa!!!"

"Oppa saranghae!!!"

"Black Daiamondeu!!!"

The screaming fans have filled the stadium where the Korean boy band Black Diamond is performing. The concert had brought in thousands of people together, waving flags and light sticks, raising homemade banners and wearing fan-made shirts while chanting the names of their biases in support of the Hallyu-famous Kpop group.

Contrary to this merry atmosphere, backstage the staff are running in chaos. Last minute preparations are made, details checked to the minutest and people are barking out orders as if their lives depended on it.

Amidst the hysteria, down the hallway was a room with an enormous star on its door. The word black is written at the center of it and surrounding the five letters are lines interconnected to form a diamond. Inside this room are four men, donned in black outfits speckled with strategically placed gemstones.

Flower boys. That's what the media call them. The four young men had raked in billions of Korean won for their agency, and there are no signs of them stopping from doing so in the near future.

"The crowd outside the stadium are dying to get in to see the hottest kpop group, Black Diamond..." the news correspondent reported in the six o'clock news. The three members of Black Diamond are tuned in through the LED screen inside the waiting room, monitoring the goings-on outside the concert venue.

"What must be noted is that this is the very first public appearance of the band's lead vocalist, Kim Min Soo—who was recently caught in a scandal after a video of him punching a man identified as RMN Entertainment producer Lee Dong Soo was made public."

"Lee Dong Soo is a known philanthropist who gained the title "National Genie" after donating billions of won to help grant wishes from young patients suffering from end-stage diseases."

"Despite the backlash from social media, it seems that the support for this group is still unwavering. Here with us is one of the fans in line for the performance tonight... uh, hello there."

"Annyeonghaseyo."

"I've noticed you've been in line for two hours, patiently waiting to get in. Why are you willing to go through this despite the recent scandal involving Black Diamond?"

"As Black Diamond Princesses we fans are here to support our oppas, those who claim they turned Anti-BDs after the scandal are not real fans... we the real fans, believe in them. Kim Min Soo oppa, saranghae! Black Daiamondeu Fighting!"

"Thank you very much. There, you heard it straight from one of Black Diamond's supporters. The crowd here tonight is solid evidence that the fascination with Black Diamond is still high. Back to studio."

Park Ji Ho, Black Diamond's guitarist turned the monitor off. "It seems like we're still alive."

The group's drummer Oh Je Hoon slumps on a chair and lets out a deep breath. "Wah, I can still pay for my sister's tuition."

"Told you not to worry, our collective charm will save us, and so it did." Song Hyun Joong, the pianist walks towards the TV monitor to reopen it and scan channels.

On the sofa the fourth figure was lying down with his face covered by a magazine. The figure was not moving nor reacting to the recent developments, which prompted Oh Je Hoon to speak out, "Min Soo hyung... we'll be alright. Don't be too worried."