CHAPTER VII: Doctor Sunflower

The other members of Black Diamond have left for work after bringing Kim Min Soo back home to their lodge. Inside Kim Min Soo's room, there was a standoff... like a classic scene in a cowboy movie.

"KIM!?!" Kim Min Soo looked at his Manager in disbelief.

"Yes, I wrote her name as Anne Kim when I filled out her registration documents two days ago," Manager Kang replied.

"But why!?" Kim Min Soo asked Manager Kang while trying to wrap his head around the idea.

"Well..." Manager Kang nervously swallowed and looked up at the ceiling, "I was panicking... after writing KIM at the surname section of the form for your hospital admission, I got distracted and I wrote Anne on the box for the first name, thinking I was originally filling out her form... I was signing forms for the two of you so I got a little confused..." Manager Kang looks at him warily, trying to gauge his reaction. "And it's actually a good thing since we wouldn't have a problem getting her released in our care since we can just tell them you're relatives... or something."

"Released in our care?" Kim Min Soo looked at him, wide-eyed.

"Well, y-yes... because the big bosses decided that once she's discharged from the hospital, she'll be under your care until she gets better, to make sure the reporters can't get to her... and that she doesn't sue. You know another scandal wouldn't be good for your career." Manager Kang tries to convince him.

"Then why not in your care?"

"The bosses also thought it would be a sort of a... punishment, for the previous scandal. I mean, having you look after her..."

Kim Min Soo sneered upon hearing this.

"Look, I tried my best to make sure they don't give you punishments through the contract. This is the best option we have right now, and the girl seemed like a nice person... even though she can't remember a thing at present. Also, I'm sure being around you will help her regain her memories since she is your fan... or was... since now she can't remember it."

Kim Min Soo walked several steps away from Manager Kang, frustrated at the news he just received. At that moment, his mobile phone rang.

"Yeoboseyo?" he answered. After several minutes of unenthusiastic nodding and saying yes, the phone call ended.

Manager Kang looked at him curiously.

"It was the hospital. They said Anne is getting discharged tomorrow... I was instructed to come by the attending physician's office to discuss the findings." He sighed. "They said they did some tests and they will explain the... wait a minute..." he looked at Manager Kang suspiciously. "Why did they call me? Shouldn't they have called you since you filled up those forms?"

"I wrote you as the contact person for her," Manager Kang replied.

"While I was unconscious!?!" the idol exclaimed.

"Well... I... uh... was distracted like I told you. I was panicking... Omo! I forgot I need to go to the agency to pick up something. I'll see you later." Manager Kang rushed out of the door and left Kim Min Soo in his room.

Kim Min Soo shook his head, thinking about how silly Manager Kang has been for writing his name as a contact person for Anne, considering he knows he was unconscious at that time.

---

After running out of the Black Diamond's lodge, Manager Kang rushed towards his car and immediately started the engine. He lets out a sigh of relief as he rested his back on the driver's seat. As he allowed the engine to warm up, the memory of that day crossed his mind. What happened after Kim Min Soo ran towards Anne, what he saw... the memory filled his head.