Chapter 12

Amari

I woke up with a slight headache from all the crying I was doing. I turned over seeing Lucas still sleeping and I stared admiring the view, while carressing the side of his face.
"Stop Staring At A Nigga, I know Im Fine" He stated still with his eyes close, slightly smiling.

"C'mon get up so we can go" I straddled his back since he was laying on his stomach.

"Gimmie 5 more minutes" He stirred

"Fine.....when I get out the bathroom you better be up and ready." He nodded turning over. I went and used the bathroom, brushing my teeth putting my hair in and ponytail.

I walked out seeing Lucas Sitting at the edge of the bed looking at his phone. I walked passed heading to my closet, pulling out some jeans that revealed my knee with a black shirt and black bomber jacket.

"You ready M" Luke said not taking his eyes off me.

"Yeah lets go" I walked out grabbing the keys as he followed, Im so scared for whats about to happen or for what Im about to see.

We pulled up to my Aunt Demara House. And I prepared myself mentally for whats about to happen. I knocked on the door, and after a minute or so I heard 4 locks and she opened it with a wearily smile.

"Hey Auntie....This is Lucas...Lucas This is My Auntie Demara." I said introducing the two. Lucas said Hello Hugging My Aunt

"Well Nice To Meet You, Yall come on in yall letting ma air out." She said stepping to the left to open the door.
Auntie sat on the couch, I remained standing along with L.

"So what do I owe this suprising visit" She motioned me to sit down but I didnt move. She stared at me with a confused expression.

"Tomorrow's my birthday so I need you to explain this now.....please." I pulled out the key and her whole face became unreadable. It was a slience as if she was thinking before she spoke

"Follow me" She got up closing her blinds and walked down the halls to the door we were never allowed to go in as kids. Lucas and I walked behind her in slience as we watched her unlock it with the special decorated key my mom left.

We walked in to this red room, EVERYTHING was red just like the key. What does this all mean?!

She went into a red safe and pulled out a CD, she put it in the player and my mom popped up on the screen, I started to well up in tears

Happy Birthday Amariiiii! Yayy Im so happy for you. You made it! But If your watching this I must be dead. Its a good thing though that you finally are at the age to know why all this is happening. I was a Queen Pin of the Piru Bloods, Ya Father wanted me out of that life when you was born but there wasnt nothing else for me to do because this was my money source. Demara promised to look after you and the warehouse if I ever wasnt able. But now that you know, its your Birthright to own the warehouse. I made enemies in the past, A LOT and probably one of them finally got to kill me. But I need you to know they are still out there, and I need you to be careful. My gun that I decorated for you once you was 4 should be in the safe too. I need you to become familiar with how to use it and I need you to grow up a little faster because this is your life now. You can't do this on your own......another secret that you or ya father doesnt know is that....You have a brother. I know its hard to believe and its hard to explain. His name is Tyrone, you were separated at birth because I was too young to take care the both of you. Your Grandmother should know where he is so close your mouth and change ya face because everything going to be ok--Mommy! Mommy! 7 year old me runs into the room. Yes Amari?
Who are you talking to mommy?
Im talking to a 18 year girl that looks just like you. Say Hi Amarii.
Hi Amarii! She waves

The video shut off letting out a static sound. I started to notice I was breaking down once more my Auntie looked at me with sorrow and Lucas came, pulling in to his chest rocking me to calm myself down.

"The warehouse.....is um on....N 74th Ave. Heres your key back and you are now the owner and Queen Pin. I cant do this anymore, its tiring so I need you to man up and step up. Okay?" She said rubbing my back, handing me the key and the gun.

"Okay" I sniffled grabbing the gun, my hand shook as I held it in my grasp its been a while since I needed to use one of these.

We exchanged goodbyes and got in the car it was a comfortable slience before either one of us spoke.

"You alright?" Lucas asked leaning on the arm rest.

"Yeah....yeah Im good." I lied my mind was racing I didnt know what I wanted to do. I swear on my moma whoever killed her is going to get it.