Chapter 11

Lucas

I hung up and quickly put on a black hoodie, gym shorts, and some nike slides and got in my car speeding to her.

I pulled up Amari House, wondering about what in the hell she could be crying for. Was it something I did? I don't remember doing anything lately. It was all to confusing for me to understand I mean shouldn't she be happy her birthday is on Thursday.

I walked up to the porch getting the spare key that's hidden on top of the door frame and quietly walked in. I didn't hear nothing downstairs and when I went upstairs I heard nothing but heavy snores one sides and light weeps and sniffles on the other.

"Mari....you alright?" I knocked lightly seeing her curled in a tight ball crying in the sheets. I went sat next to her, pulling the covers off her face.

"Why are you crying at 2 something in the morning?" I studied her red orbs, she looked like she has been crying for hours.

"Nothing..." She croaked, sitting up looking at the floor. She's hiding something from me, I can tell.

"Well...I called because I wanted to her your voice since I couldn't sleep but over the phone it didn't sound like nothing." She was hesitant to answer at first but then she spoke lowly

"My mom...." She mumbled looking away

"Your Mom What"

"She told me before she was killed that on my 18th Birthday I have to ask my Auntie about this." She searched through her nightstand draw and pulled out a red decorated key.

"A key? You crying bout a key." I straight faced her because this all didn't make sense. What a key have to do with your birthday?

"No Lu Its not just the key it...." She started tearing up again, what is she not telling me.

"Then What The Hell Is It"

"I HAVE PTSD.....I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO I DESPERATELY WANT TO FIND WHO KILLED HER, AND CANT CONTROL MY ANGER" She yelled bursting out into tears. I sat there dumbfounded because I now get why she so moody and angry but this doesn't make sense still. She breathed before continuing

"For the past week I been having the same flashback of the day when my mom died in my arms and gave me this key.Your the only person other than my auntie that knows I have PTSD and that my mom left me this key. My dad doesn't even know. I see her in my dreams every night in my dreams......I just cant take it.......its driving me crazy" I sat there and listened to her, watching each tear fall all I could do was hug her. She sobbed in my chest while I laid my chin on her head. I can't imagine seeing the same image over and over again.

"Its going to be okay I promise. Matter Fact how about this since today is tues-Well Wednesday we can skip school and go find out about this key instead of going on your birthday and it fucks up your day." I turned her towards me smiling to assure her everything will be okay. She gave me a weak smile hugging me around my neck.

"Thank you for coming even though I said no" She sniffled in the crook of my neck.

"You know I dont listen, but enough of this sad shit hit a blunt or something. Got me over here looking all soft and shit." I chuckled handing her a pre-rolled blunt.

"Whatever..." She inhaled passing it to me laying her head her pillow. We puffed and passed a couple times then all I heard was light snores. I put the blunt out, took off my shoes, and climbed in the bed. I Pulled her closer to me studying her as she slept. I came across a tattoo on her chest that I never really paid attention to it read: "Amarrya Latyoya Walters 4 *28*2012"   

Damn......her mother died 4 days after her birthday.