Chapter 25: His Story in History

Start from the beginning

Damn it, caught.

"No, Mr. N, I am not. I'm sorry for my misbehavior." I say in a pleading tone while slipping my phone into my bag.

"Since it is your first offense. I'll let it slide, but please try to focus on the lesson. You'll find that the Chinese dynasties were quite interesting." He says with a smile and I'm thankful for how cool Mr. N is.

"Alright class, for the rest of the block, we're now going to start on a partner assignment. -Wait! Before you run off to go join your besties across the room. -I have to tell you what we're doing first. You're going to draw your favorite, or any, dynasty. You can draw people who are associated with that dynasty or the dynasty's symbol. But, here's the catch, you must have the whole paper covered and there must be 20 facts about the dynasty. Mark, get set, GO!" Mr. N yells before the room goes into a mad house. People run over to their friends and some girls start running towards me, I ignore them and look to Janetta as she nods back at me. All the girls running up to me immediately stop and frown before turning around to look for other partners. I slide my desk over next to her.

"Looks like you've got a little fan club over here." Janetta tells me as she pulls out some paper.

"Um, yeah, just a little one." I say with a smirk

"Anyways, what dynasty? I was thinking Diao, but I don't care." Janetta asks and I just shrug my shoulders.

"I don't care either. So Diao it is then."

"Alright, now do you want to write-" Janetta starts to ask me as she looks over to my notes "- maybe you should color instead."

"Why am I always the one to color?!" I say with a huff

"Maybe you should look at your handwriting again." Janetta answers me with a smirk and starts looking at her notes for facts to write on our project since I'm not doing it.

"So, I've gotta ask, what was the whole texting in class deal about?" Janetta asks me and a frown returns to my face. "Yeah, you looked just like that!" She points out then returning to write some more facts.

"It's nothing. Just a little girl problem." I respond with a short and curt tone.

"Do you mean like little-girl or a girl problem that's little. I guess we gotta work on your grammar too." Janetta asks and immediately my frown has lifted a little.

"It's a girl problem that's not important." I answer

"Ok. Continue.." She nudges me on.

"It's with this girl Amanda, I've dated her on and off, and we were basically the 'it' couple. She's a cheerleader, I'm the football star-"

"The football star-that can't throw." Janetta interrupts.

"-Do you want me to finish my story or not?" I ask

"No, sorry, please continue." She answers and writes down another fact.

"Anyways, so her and I dated for a long time during the summer we were kinda off and on. But some stuff got complicated involving other people so I broke it off. Apparently she still thinks we're together and I'm taking her to homecoming dance."

"And by your tone of voice, you're not going to do that?" She asks

"Haha, no way in hell am I going to homecoming with her." I say with a sarcastic laugh.

"So you were texting her to tell her no. Ok, I got it now. Thank you for explaining." Janetta says before returning to her notes for more facts. I pull out my colored pencils and start drawing on our poster.

From then on we sat in silence and continued on our work. It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable silence, just peaceful work quiet, even though the room was in complete chaos.

"And number 20. Done." Janetta smiles before looking up as I finish coloring the Diao symbol.

"Good job J." I congratulate her with a smile.

"Thanks M." She replies with a wink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey y'all,

I finally updated! Yay! Sorry it took so long but don't worry, another update should be out soon! I know this is kinda a short update but there in another part coming.
Anyways, what do you think of History class with Mr. Nieter?

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!
Like
Comment
Enjoy

Surfer_Swimmer