Chapter 33

Ariana's POV

"Thank you.", Justin said shortly with a soft tone after both of us getting on his car.

I elevated my head to reach his eyes level after buckling the seatbelt, I didn't say anything and waiting for his next response.

He started the car engine and said with a warm smirk without locking his eyes contact with me "Thank you for coming here for Elaine. You have no idea how much this means to her.".

I took a deep breathe and sighed in sadness "I am trying my best, and you too. Thank you for being so caring to her as well.".

His sight remained on the front mirror of his car and a smile was formed on his face but a forceful smile in disappointment, he said "She told me that you are a good role model. She said she wants to be a woman like you when she grows up because you're beautiful, caring and perfect.".

I held a smile and patted his back to comfort him "It's okay, Justin. She's going to be alright. Stay strong.".

He remained silent and didn't leave his sight on the view outside from the car.

Silence was filled between both of us as no conversation was ongoing between both of us, he took out the tiny necklace from his pocket and literally staring at it in his palm.

He flipped the necklace and there's a small photo which shown a lovely couple inside the necklace, he stared at it without saying a word.

He broke the silence and said in a low tone "I think we should try to get Elaine parents back to her.".

I furrowed my eyebrows and reassured with him confusedly "What? What are you talking about? It's literally impossible.".

His sight remained on the necklace and replied "I will figure it out. I will find them out and make them return to Elaine. Elaine needs a real dad and a real mom, not both of us.".

I argued "No, you can't. Elaine's parents abandoned her in the orphanage, that means they don't want her already. Yes, you may find out her parents but what about if they still don't want to meet her? You are ruining Elaine's hope and pushing her into her fear again.".

He furrowed his eyebrows and argued "Fear? Hope? Those are lies. I know you guys are trying to protect her but why are you guys lying to her? Why are you guys lying to her at the beginning? Those aren't hopes and fears, but lies and they shouldn't exist. Albert made it up.".

I admitted in defeat "I know but this is the only way to protect her. Her parents abandoned her because of her cancer. But, we can't tell her the truth. It's too brutal to her.".

He argued "She will find out one day, she will grow up one day, we can't hide this secret for the rest of her life. What do you expect her to react when she finds out? You guys are not protecting her, but ruining her life.".

I replied by trying to calm him down "She may find out one day but now she's still too young to know the truth. Maybe in the future, she may hate her parents but it's okay because they deserve it but maybe she will understand Mr Albert.".

He cut me off by telling me in a harsh tone "No, no people loves to live under lies. She will hate all of us when she finds out the truth. Lies are suffocating, no people wants to live under lies and arrangement.".