Chapter 31

Justin's POV

It's all about the perspective.

Their smiles, their innocences, their cutenesses, their strengths and everything about them was printed in my mind.

However, what exactly living on my mind was the happy children, the one with huge smiles on.

Once I stepped into the orphanage, I wanted to make all of the children smile and be happy. I want to feel their happiness. I played around with them and tried to make them happy as much as I could.

Once I looked into their smiles, I was so proud because they looked happy. They had gotten the happiness they deserved.

However, I had forgotten about a fact that that's not a happy day for them but just a happy moment.

They were happy at moment spending time with me but what about when I leave the orphanage? Do they still laugh around and hung beautiful smiles on their faces for the rest of the day?

Once I took my first step out of the orphanage, did they get back to reality by starting to forget me and missing their parents?

I tried my best to make them happy but I couldn't change the fact that they are all orphans. I can make them happy but I can't make them happy 24/7. I can't love them as their real fathers.

They look happy physically but what about deep inside of their hearts?

Every time when I look into their eyes, I felt so sad and sorry for them because they really don't deserve this. We tried to love them but we couldn't feel them.

We had no idea the struggles inside them. Same tears but different feelings, we can wipe their tears away and comfort them but we can't stop their hearts from breaking. They missed their parents, but they had no idea how to see them.

Right people doesn't appear in the right time all the time, don't leave any regret in life.

Mr Albert is right, it's impossible for a 6 years old girl to understand this or even to speak this phrase.

Clearly, Elaine had no idea what does that phrase supposed to mean. She spoke it because it's important to her.

I can't change the fact that Elaine is an orphan. I can't be her father but I can make her feel the love of a father.

"Hello, can I look for a little girl whose name is Elaine?", I dashed to the information counter of the hospital based on the address given by Mr Albert.

A woman with a white coat on took out a file and flipped some papers, she held a polite smile and replied politely "Ward 7, sir.".

I walked into the ward based on the information given by the woman and an adorable familiar figure was sitting on the white bed appeared in my eyes sight.

For a sudden, I felt so intense and stressful. Standing in front of the entrance of the ward, my heartbeat got faster every second and doubt started hitting me.

I shut my eyes for a second to calm myself down, I took a deep breathe, I bit my lips and tried for not breaking down before entering the ward.

I tried to hold a positive smile and took my first step into the ward, I gave the little girl a surprise by covering her eyes with my hands, I whispered softly beside her ears "Guess who is here?".