Chapter 21

Justin's POV

"Why are you here?", I asked irritatedly after noticing a familiar figure standing at the door of my office after a few knocks on it.

"Well, what about you, Justin? Why are you here?", my dad returned me the same question with a serious look.

I turned my chair away from him while he walked to me slowly and questioned me bossily "Justin, what's happening between you and Ariana?".

Without facing and looking at him, I tried to act cool like I don't care, I held an arrogant smirk and reassured with him "Did she complain and spill everything to you guys?

He took a seat across me as the sound of moving the chair and adjusting his seat was heard, he said "Even worse. She didn't even want to talk to us. She locked herself in the room without wanting us entering.".

I remained silent but my eyes softened as I was a little surprise.

My dad begged me "Justin, we are really worried about her. Please tell me what's actually happening between you both.".

I took a deep breathe and turned my chair to his direction slowly, I reached his eyes level and decided to tell him the truth "Dad, we are divorcing.".

My dad widened his eyes in disbelief and looked at me in shock "Divorce? Why?".

I turned my chair away from him again as I really didn't have any courage to look into his eyes, as disappointment was shown in his eyes, but mainly I was too afraid to do so because I am lying to myself clearly.

Turning my chair 180 degree away from his direction and showing him my back, I said "We're not meant to be together.".

He furrowed his eyebrows and reassured with me in disbelief "How? Please give me a suitable reason.".

I tightened my grip on the chair arm holders and said "There's no any reason, I knew and Ariana knew that as well, we're not meant to be together.".

My dad remained silent for a few second and reassured with me "So, is that the reason why Ariana locks herself in the room for the whole day?".

I nodded even though he couldn't see me and said "Yes, we had a talk. But she's alright, she decided to respect my decision as well.".

"She respects your decision? Are you kidding me, Justin? She locks herself in the room for the whole day and didn't even want to talk to us for at least a word, and now you are telling me that she's alright?", my dad raised his voice at me.

I stayed mute.

My dad hissed "Clearly, she isn't alright at all. She must be crying silently in the room without wanting us to find out. Justin, why are you doing this to her?".

I turned my chair and raised my voice at him by returning the same question to him "Then, why are you doing this to me as well?".

My dad looked at me in shock, he furrowed his eyebrows and said confusedly to me "What do you mean, Justin?".

"Because of you, I signed the stupid deal and had this arranged marriage with Ariana. I may be the one who's hurting her, but you started this shit just because you got the bloody cancer and for the sake of a non existence grandson.", I said angrily.