NEW BEGINNINGS

ONE YEAR LATER...

OCTOBER 31st, HALLOWEEN NIGHT

     I still miss her, I wish she was still around. I haven't seen or heard from Ronnie in what seems like years. But its only been one year.

     I looked out my window watching trick-or-treaters walk from door to door. I finally saved up enough to buy my own townhouse. Lucky me.

     I began to scroll through my newsfeed on Instagram. Videos and pictures of those dreadful evil clowns started to pop up. 

READ: VERY IMPORTANT
"IF YOU ARE GOING TRICK OR TREATING MAKE SURE TO STAY WITH AN ADULT OR GO WITH A LARE GROUP. NO LESS THAN 4 PEOPLE! REMEMBER, STAY SAFE!"

     I shook my head. This is some bull shit. But that's not going to stop me from going out with friends. Yes guys I finally have friends. Funny thing is, I met them when I moved in. They are pretty dope.

     I looked through my closet and found a pink blush colored body con dress that would be great to go out with. I grabbed my brown heels and lied it out on my bed.

     "Ah, this is perfect." I smiled and swirled into my bathroom.

     I ran hot shower water and took my curly hair out of its bun. My curls were kinky curly , and reached my shoulders. I dyed my hair burgundy about 3 months ago. I wanted to change my image for sure. I'm not the same girl from a year ago. I also got my nose pierced. I wore a medium sized hoop. I really wanted to get a tattoo. But, because of my job, I can't.

     I work and go to school. I'm a freshman in college but I live in my own townhouse. I applied to scholarships, I am a commuter but they gave me so much I could afford a townhouse along with a loan as well.

My profession ? I'm studying film. I want to become a screen writer and an editor. I love final cut. It's amazing . Oh always set the bar high in my film classes. People were really impressed with how I edit and write my scripts how creative they are and how I already know how to format them the correct way.

     After my shower, I put on my outfit and checked myself out in the mirror. My hair was wet and curly, I decided to blow dry and straighten my hair. Swooping my bangs to the side. I have to admit I looked hot. My phone then vibrated.

IMESSAGE                               
Ajay Brown 🙈☺️
     Ajay: Are you ready? 😜
Me: Okay. I'm coming. Is shay there too ?
Ajay: Um no , she actually baled. It's okay. You still have me...

     I sighed. I really wanted Shay to come but it's okay. I finished putting on make up and grabbed my bag. I headed to my front door and went to the 3rd floor where Ajay was.

P.s Ajay is my stud friend. I'm pretty sure she likes me but... I'll just let her tell me because I'm not going to say anything. I kind of like her... but I can't, it doesn't feel right. My heart belongs to Ronnie still. Forever.

     I knocked on her door. She looked really nice I must admit. Black dress pants, black shoes, tucked in shirt with a black vest over it, along with a bow tie. Her dreads were parted to the side. Her smile was amazing. I loved her dimples when she smiled. I believe I began to blush because she was smirking.

     "You look stunning Kiera." She announced and motioned for me to come in.

     "Thank you." I looked around the room, it looks different.

     "Thanks for waiting, I just needed to get my watch and my keys. But are you ready ?" She asked and held the door open.

      I nodded and smiled. We started to head out. Since the place wasn't far, we decided to take a walk. Not much conversation, I think she was nervous. We have never really been alone with just us, or went out with just us. But all I could think about was Ronnie...Get it together Kiera. She abandoned you. You deserve better, so go for it. I agreed with myself.

     "Kiera!" She screamed and pulled me back.

     I didn't know what was going on but when I looked I saw a clown. Not one, but two.

     "RUN!" She grabbed my hand and we began to run, they chased after us. My heart was racing.

What do we do!