Chapter 5: Let me be

Ronnie

I FELT SO BAD for not showing up, but I hope Kiara will understand. I sighed. So my bestfriend was revived in time. She's in the hospital and she hasn't spoken to anyone. I want to ask her what was going through her head, but i didn't. Not now at least.

The next morning, I left the hospital and I just went straight to school. Not like they saw me in the clothes I was wearing, so why the hell not? I walked in the building wearing white khaki shorts and a light green polo with my black and white jays. I saw Kiara at her locker so I walked over to her ready to explain. She glanced at me and started to walk away but I grabbed her arm before she could.

"Just listen, please." I pleaded and pinned her to the locker.

"What? You don't need to explain yourself. It was all a game, and I was the victim." She said and looked down.

"No, no! That's no-," She cut me off and teared up.

"Just leave me alone...okay?" She looked away. I let go of her and watched her as she walked to one of her classes.

I sighed. Why cant she just hear me out, its not mu fault my bestfriend tried to attempt suicide. But that was much more important. But fine, I guess I will give her space and leave her be.

Kiara

I wiped my tears away as I sat at my desk. I sighed in disappointment. I really didn't want to hear any excuse from her.Not today. Maybe its best we don't talk.

Class started and of course Ronnie was late to class. I didn't care. I didn't make any eye contact with her what so ever because then I might give in to her apology. I wasn't ready to hear it..So whatever it was it could wait.

Our teacher started paring us up with a person to work on a project with. I quietly prayed I wasn't with her for my project.

"Kiara and.....Ronnie." Mr.Jackson announced.

Noooooo! Nooooo! I shook my head.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked as he lookd at me.

"No...nothings wrong." I sighed and glanced at Ronnie, she smirked at me. Ughhhh.

Class ended and I quickly gathered my belongings. I went to grab my packed lunch and headed to the library. I really didn't like to socialize with anyone.

I sat down with my favorite book; maximum ride forevermore. I guess someone was nosy as hell because here came Ronnie right beside me.

"Shouldn't you be eating with your friends in the cafeteria?" I asked while reading.

I was so caught up in this book. I couldnt put it down to glance at her.

"We should meet up at my place for the project." She insisted.

I shrugged. Put my book down and looked at her like she was crazy. "Eh...."

"Come on. It would get you out the house. Get fresh air. Plus, we don't even have work today." She stated. I knew she was right though.

"Fine."

"Great. I'll pick you up. We can have dinner after so wear something nice." She winked at me and left.

***

I got into my shower and went into my room. My stepdad hasn't been here in a couple days. Not that I'm complaining it anything. I wouldn't care if he fell in a ditch and died.

I straightened my curly hair and put in lipstick. After putting on a black cropped too that was a little above my belly button. I wore these white high waist jeans with black and silver sandals.

I heard a car honking so I hurried out the door and into her car, which she held open the passanger side door. What a gentle-woman. I scoffed.

I sat in the car and buckled up, Ronnie did the same. She smiled the whole way. I didn't look at ber and the car ride took awhile because she lived near by so why was the ride so long?

"Where are we going?" I asked nervously.

"A party." She smirked and kept her eyes on the lonely road.

"Wait? why?" I asked, my heart sunk. I felt like I was trapped. I didn't like people I hated crowded areas and I'm claustrophobic.

She glanced at me and placed her hand on my. I didn't move my hand away because her touch made me feel safer.

"Relax Kiara. I won't let anything happen to you. I just want you to socialize. I care about you." She smiled and made a left turn pulling up to this huge house.

My cheeks seemed hot and red, I felt all kinds of nervousness, like hundreds of thousands of butterflies were shaking their cacoons, flying around and doing it all over again.

After she pulled away a ton more of people began to arrive. I was so nervous I wanted to me. She opend the door where I was and I walked out. Her eyes widen.

"Damn, you look amazing." She admitted.

I blushed and looked at what I was wearing. "T-Thanks.." I was getting so shy.

"Ronnnieeeeeeee!" A voice called out and jumped on her back.

I stood there looking away.

"Ayeee butthead." Ronnie chuckled.

"What's up cuzzo?" She smiled wide as she got down.

God damn her cousin is short as hell. Shorter than me and I'm 5'2. I slightly giggled. Ronnies cousin looked at me and licked her lip.

"Wassap mama?" She spoke with an accent.

She was like Ronnie, slim, cute and wears boy clothes. I found they really attractive, but I never admitted to that. So shh, don't tell.

"That's Kiara, and she's not for you." She stated and laughed.

Not for you? What the hell does she mean? I can do whatever the hell I want to. Pftttt-

My thought process was disturbed by a tug. We were walking into her cousins house and boy is it huge. Pool table on one side huge kitchen on the other, along with sofas and a huge screened tv. People were sitting and chatting, thirsty girls flirting with females and some males playing pool. Yup, not my cup of tea.

"By the way, I'm Lucky." Ronnies cousin introduced herself.

"I'm..." I began then remembered Ronnie already introduced me.

"I know. Kiara, right?" She gave a gentle smile. I nodded in agreement. "Well you two enjoy yourselves. Ayee kiara, come chill with me if you want some Real fun." She chuckled and walked into a crowd flirting with women.

"Don't worry about her. She's just being Lucky." Ronnie chuckled.

I nodded and looked at the floor. Ronnie was being so nice, but I knew I couldn't let my guard down.