Chapter 1: Prologue

I miss him so much, I miss my Daddy. We were so close, he taught me how to do everything. But one day, he never came home. I was the age of 10 when we received the devastating news my step-mother collapsed, falling to her knees. I stood there,not a single tear was shed. I couldn't cry. I was In denial.

8 years later my step-mother remarried to a middle class man named José Dores. He was a tall and muscular man. But I never felt comfortable on the same.house with him. When I was alone or thought I was alone, or anything like that, I knew I really wasn't. I could feel him watching me.

I spent most of my time studying in the library, I didn't feel safe enough to study in my own bedroom. I didn't really have friends because I preferably liked being alone and not worrying about anyone else.

"April quit following me!" A female yelled from the other side of the bookshelf.

"Ronnie please! Just hear me out." The other girl pleaded.

Damn, they were so loud. Even the librarian tol them to shh. They continued to argue. I closed my book. I was so annoyed by their constant yelling and complaining. I began walking out then BOOM! Someone bumped into me

"Ugh, watch where you are going!" She barked.

"You should be the one to watch where you are going!" I shouted.

Everyone looked at me. I felt embarrassed, so as anyone would do I ran out. I hated the attention. I was quite antisocial, but I still didn't take shit from anyone.

"Hey you!" A voice called out. I thrned around. OOOFF!

I was pushed against the locker, it was that girl who I got bumped into.

"Get the hell off of me!" I yelled and whaled my arms at her.

"Dont you know who I am?!" She screamed back.

A crowd was forming. I shook my head. People around us were taking pictures and videos. Acting as if there were to be a real fight today. I felt so exposed. I definitely was nit used to all the attention and curious eyes of other people. Watching my every mood. I felt my cheeks flush and my face went red. I couldnt take the embarrassing moment. Tears rolled down my red cheeks and finally, she let me go.

I sprinted into the girls bathroom and cried in a stall. This day was the worst.

School ended and I usually walked home. I hated being home. I never felt safe, and I should because its the house I live in. I should feel safe in my own house. But I really don't. That's not good. I had three locks on my bedroom door for safety. No one knew about the events that happen if I forget to lock the door. I couldn't even tell my stepmother because she was happy and I didn't want to ruin that happiness for her.

Before stopping at home I entered a small cafe called the bean. I loved this place with a passion. When I was younger my dad and I would cone here every Friday to eat here. He would pick me up from school and even sometimes let's ne get out if school early just to spend time with him. Unfortunately, my father had passed away. I wad only ten. But I couldnt endure that terrible pain. It wad too much for me. I tried ti be strong for my stepmothers sake. But I wasn't strong. I was weak. I would lock myself in the bathroom and cut myself in the tub.

"Kiara!" Stepmother yelled from below the stairs.
I just came home and she's already pestering me.

"Yes?!" I shouted back and made my way down the stairs.

She wore a long black fitted dress that showed her curvy figure and her hair in a bun. She leaned against the railing post and gave me a puppy dog face.

"Can you do me a favor, babygirl?" She begged.

"Uhh, what's up?" I asked and folded my arms.

She told me to go to the bakery to pick up a cake. She wanted to celebrate, her husbands birthday. He was turning 43. I shook my head. I didn't want to do shit for his dumb ass. But I only did this for her. Because she was just so damn happy with him. I didn't want to mess it up. So I kept my mouth shut and nodded my head.

I made my way towards the bakery, It wasn't a very long walk. honestly. But really, I had to pick up this damned cake all because of that little shit's birthday. Fuck his existence. I despised him.so much. But if I showed it, my mother will surely think something is the matter. I couldn't. I couldn't tell her or anyone. Ever!

I pushed open the windowed doors as the bells chimed when I came in. I went to the counter and saw the lady chewing her gum,she was as loud as a cow chewing on grass. Her hair was all wacky and matted while her makr up definitely was not on point. Shit, her eyebrows looked like the nike symbols. I tried so heard to contain my laughter. Unfortunately, that shit came right on out.

"What's so funny,kid?" The lady asked as she folded her semi-flappy arms.

"Nothing sorry." I responded. "I'm here to pick up a cake. For José Dores." I added.

I hated to even say is disgraceful name. He wasn't the man my mother thought he was. He was way more twisted and sick. For the things he's done to me. I hope he dies.

"Yo Ronnie!" She looked back and yelled towards the door way to the kitchen.

Ronnie...where have I heard that name..?

I tapped on the hard glass counter as I waited for that stupid cake. Bleh! I wanted nothing to do with it.

Of course shelves were blocking who ever Ronnie was. So when I saw that persons face. I gasped

"Here's your-," she she froze in embarrassment.

"You work here?!" I blurted out to break the short silence.

She nodded her head then started to glare at me. She sat the cake on the counter and stormed off into the kitchen. Hehe, now I know her secret.

I grinned and snickered to myself as I made my way home. Just as I walked to the porch, José, my stepfather pulled into the druve way and hurried out of his truck to get to me.

"Hey babygirl." He said. Those words made me feel shivers dowb my spine.

"Shutup!" I put my hand on the knob and we both walked in.

"Josééé!" Mother came running over to him like he was a god. Ew.

Mother literally jumped into his arms. I grimaced. If only she knew what he's done to me. He started abusing me in middle school. I remember that day very vividly.

I was 12 years old and just starting puberty too. I came home from school. At the time, I really liked José. He was a father figure. He spoiled me a lot too. But he's nothing compared to my Daddy.

Now at the time, my stepmother and José weren't married. But she moved on pretty quick from my father. I never asked why though.

He ran my bath water and put bubbles in it. Telling me its done.I appreciated him starting my bath water, but he had a hidden key to the bathroom. So when I would wash myself up. He would come in naked. His junk hung and his abs were oiled. Eventually I was numb to the fact that he was touch me. Fondle me. He also took my virginity. He took my innocence. This would continuesly go on and on. Usually when my stepmother had to work late. He would come into my bedroom and fondle my private parts. I couldn't do anything about it. He would threaten me and tells me don't tell anyone. If I did... he said he would hurt me a lot more. He says that he owns me. That my body is his. Now that he's going to be my new daddy. I shook my head. I would be in tears, I couldn't bare this pain any longer. Which lead to me cutting.

He still tries to touch me even now. But I'm hardly home or locked in my room. I miss my daddy...I wish he would come back and protect me from this monster of a stepfather.