26

"What I'd give for that first night when you were mine. Tried with all that I have to keep you alive."

               - Belong, Cary Brothers

The remaining time on the train was extremely awkward and silent. And I wasn't gonna apologize for what I said. Everything I said was undeniably true. Please, like I actually deserve to be with him. He can't really love me, I've done everything but cut out his heart myself.

I still wonder why he shot me, but also didn't let me fall off the helicarrier. His actions are beyond confusing, but I promised him I wouldn't try to read his thoughts. Granted, he did abandon me after that, but a promise is a promise.

He'd dropped the subject and we haven't said a word to each other since the train.

I just finished arguing with the Chinese landlord about renting an apartment for only a month, but he shut up when I paid him a year's worth of rent. I went back to the parking lot and led Bucky to our temporary apartment.

I walked in first and waited for him to come in. Closing it tight and locking the deadbolt after he enters. I dump my bag on the floor and take off my shoes.

"So, what's the plan?" Bucky asks me.

"We'll stay here a few weeks, then we'll move somewhere else."

"Can we please talk?" He asks, I know exactly what he wants to talk about and I really don't wanna have this conversation again. "We can't just pretend that what happened seventy-five years ago didn't happen, okay? I still have feelings for you-"

"Well you need to get over me." I state blankly.

"Why should I?" He demands.

"I told you, I don't deserv-" I try to repeat myself but he cuts me off before I can finish.

"I don't give a shit that you think you don't deserve happiness! I love you!" He came closer to me and I continued to back up until he had me trapped against the wall. "I loved you since the moment I first laid my eyes on you, and I will love you until the day I die! I'll never get over you..." He whispers the last part, reaching up to softly caress my cheek.

Our bodies are so close, I can feel his breath on my lips. I forgot how amazing he smelled...

I lose all self-control and grab his neck, smashing my lips into his. I ignore everything my brain is telling me to do and continue kiss him. After a minute he breaks the kiss and we both gasp for air. He removes himself and looks at me with lust, love, and passion.

I push him back a bit and he looks at me for a second with sad eyes. Of course I had no intention of listening to my brain anymore and I ripped off his shirt, revealing his naked abs before falling back to his lips.

In one swift movement, Bucky scoops up my legs and I wrap them around his waist. I can feel the heat radiating off his naked chest when he presses me up against the wall. I ran my hands up his muscular arms and onto his shoulders, gently stopping when the metal ends and tracing the outline of his scarred skin. Finally settling when I can feel his silky smooth hair between my fingers.

Needing to catch my breath, I pulled back and panted against his lips. Words couldn't express how much I had missed his touch. I craved it for months after Washington, I couldn't sleep for weeks.

His grip on my legs tightens and he carries me over to the bed, setting down as gently as he can without breaking the kiss. I quickly snake my arm around his neck and pull his body closer to mine. He breaks the kiss, leaving a trail of kisses from my mouth to my jaw line down to my neck.

His metal hand lightly cups the side of my neck, making me shudder due to it's extremely cold touch. His mouth ferociously attacks the other side of my neck and my fingers rake through his long thick hair. His lips are so soft and firm that I don't mind his beard scratching me.

"I... Love... You." Bucky murmurs against my neck in between kisses.

I push him off my neck and look up at him, holding his jaw in my hands. For a moment he looks worried that his words upset me and he freezes.

"I love you, too." I whisper. His face lights up and he laughs while smiling like a dork.

He leans down and presses his lips back to mine. Our lips moving in perfect sync.

AN: @AmericanDream567  Is this better??