Converse (Tofuugaming)

"Please (y/n)?" Joe was begging now. The wedding was almost over, the sun had set and it was only the twinkle of fairy lights strung across the pavilion that illuminated the guests. (y/n)'s eyes met Joe's pleading gaze, and she finally stood up. Joe grabbed her hand elatedly, practically dragging her onto the dance floor and promptly putting her hands around his neck. His own hands settled around her waist.

"See, this isn't so bad," Joe said contentedly. (y/n) smiled, taking one hand and fixing Joe's black bowtie ever so slightly.

"This is actually the worst," she flashed him a toothy grin. Joe's eyes softened as he brushed a loose strand of hair behind (y/n)'s ear.

"Thanks," she said sarcastically.

"You're welcome," Joe replied. He noticed that many of his relatives were watching them, though he couldn't blame them. (y/n) looked phenomenal in her pink dress. It was really flowy, and the fabric felt silky underneath his fingers. Joe's dress shirt was the same shade of pink, and his black pants and bowtie matched (y/n)'s favorite pair of Converse, which were tied tightly to her feet.

(y/n) moved closer to Joe, resting her head in the crook of his neck. She smelled sweet, like vanilla and cinnamon rolls.

"Thanks for coming to this with me," Joe said quietly. (y/n) tilted her head to look up at him instead of the gaze she had been keeping on her sneakered feet.

"Of course, you know I love your family," she said.

"So does Zack but I wouldn't have brought him," Joe reminded her. (y/n) laughed.

"Have you noticed they're all looking at us?" (y/n) asked him. Joe breathed a laugh.

"Well, we're giving them something to look at," he teased.

"That's why I didn't want to dance with you. I don't like it when people watch me," (y/n) said. Joe could tell she was getting uncomfortable.

"Hey, look at me," he said. (y/n) lifted her head off of his chest, but kept her body pressed against his. He leaned his forehead onto hers, so close to her face that his nose was almost touching hers.

"Don't pay attention to them. Focus on me. Ready?" (y/n)'s eyes locked onto his.

"One." (y/n)'s arms tightened around his neck.

"Two." He watched as her face started to soften and relax.

"Three," Joe pressed his lips against (y/n)'s and closed his eyes, blissful.