Help (PrivateFearless)

A/N: TRIGGER WARNING*** DESCRIPTIONS OF ABUSE, DIVORCE, SEXUAL RELATIONS*** also, dianacarolina03 requested this, and though I don't normally write angst like this I had quite a good time with it. Maybe because I tried to add humor to balance out the angst. I also love a good strong character. Love always xx

You got off the train, a familiar calmness rushing over you as you made your way out to the street. You hadn't been there in so long, it was nice to come back to a place that felt like home. Your first order of business was to find your best friend. You hadn't seen him in over six months, though you FaceTimed at least once a week. You approached his house, a feeling of nostalgia washing over you. You knocked on the door and waited.

"(y/n)," Isaac breathed when he opened the door. You gave him a smile as he pulled you into a hug, burying his face in the crook of your neck. He lifted your toes off the ground, stepping out onto the porch.

"Isaac, honey, who is it?" a female voice called that was definitely not his mom. Isaac's eyes grew wide.

"Go home. I'll text you later, just please go home," he growled in your ear quietly. You furrowed your eyebrows, unsure of what had gotten into your best friend. As you took a step back onto the pavement, Isaac turned and shut the door. As he answered the unseen person, all you heard was "just someone I went to primary school with". You shook your head in disbelief. You hadn't told Isaac that you were coming back to the town you had grown up in to visit your grandparents. You wanted to leave it as a surprise, since he's your best friend... or so you thought.

You found yourself back at your grandparents house, sitting in their kitchen with a plate of your grandmother's cookies in front of you.

"I just don't get it. We grew up together. Why would he be ashamed of me?"

"Maybe he wasn't expecting you," your grandmother suggested, a calm, caring look on her face as her hand lightly touched yours.

"He wasn't, but I used to show up at his house unannounced all the time. On nights when the fighting would get really bad at home, I'd sneak out my window and spend the night with him. I was considered part of his family on all accounts. They even invited me to their family reunion two years ago," you said.

"Sweetie, things have changed since you left," your grandfather added. You shook your head.

"It just doesn't add up." Your thought was interrupted by your phone going off on the counter. You grabbed it at lightning speed, seeing the text from Isaac.

Ize: meet me at the pond?

(y/n): be there in 6 minutes

You threw your shoes on and ran out the door with only a quick goodbye to your grandparents. You walked through the dusk to a pond that you and Isaac had been to a billion times before. You saw him standing in your favorite spot by the water, his hair ruffled like he'd just gotten angry at a SkyWars game or something.

"Fancy seeing you here," you said as you sat down on a boulder.

"I'm really sorry about earlier. I didn't realize you were coming," he said.

"Why should it matter? It's not like we've ever needed an invitation before," you pointed out.

"We're not kids anymore," he said.

"So we're not best friends? What the hell has gotten into you?" You were starting to get mad, an Isaac-ism that had rubbed off on you from spending so much time together.

"It's nothing," he said, but you didn't believe him.

"Who was at your house when I showed up?" You knew when to choose your battles.