Canada (ChildDolphin)

A/N: I know Ryan isn't part of the Cube anymore but I'm throwing this imagine in just because I pretty much had this one ready to go. Gonna throw a bit of a trigger warning in here bc I do talk about an abusive relationship in this one.. much love <3

It wasn't until you finally made it across the border that you relaxed.

"It's about time," your best friend Ryan said from behind the wheel when you put your feet up on the dash.

"What?" you rolled your eyes at him.

"You'd think you were smuggling something across the border, you've been so stressed," he laughed. You chuckled along with him, glancing into the backseat where your backpack was. The contents of it was all that you had brought to Canada with you.

"I've just never moved to a new country before, and I'm always expecting the worst," you said. It was Ryan's turn to roll his eyes at you.

"I'm so excited for you to be here. Vlog for me?" He handed you his camera. You turned it on, facing it towards you both.

"Hey guys, (y/n) here. We just made it across the border, now its just another couple hours until we get to the apartment. Ryan's driving now. Hopefully he doesn't crash," you joked. Ryan made a face at the camera.

"Eyes on the road!" You teased.

"What are you most excited for?" Ryan asked you.

"Meeting your cat," you said.

"(y/n) has an obsession with animals," Ryan said, but you shook your head.

"It's not an obsession, it's just a... preference." Ryan laughed, shaking his head.

When you finally made it to the apartment, you were so sick of sitting in the car. The moment your feet hit the pavement was a glorious one. You grabbed your backpack out of the backseat, then followed Ryan to the front door. He unlocked it, opening the door and letting you enter first. You had seen the apartment before, through Skype calls, but this was the real deal. Ryan's sphynx cat came over to him from where he had been sitting on the table.

"Hey buddy!" Ryan scratched him on the head. You bent down, letting him smell your fingers before you pet him.

"He's so cute," you turned to look up at Ryan, who had his camera out and was filming.

"(y/n)'s gonna marry my cat," he said.

"There's a chance," you said sincerely. Ryan put the camera away and gave you a short tour, ending at your room, where a bed was already set up.

"Thanks for letting me stay here," you said, putting your backpack down.

"It's no big deal, as long as you don't mind me streaming and filming and stuff," he said.

"Of course not," you answered.

"I'm gonna go take a nap then, and let you get settled," Ryan said, standing in the doorway.

"Ok, I'm gonna film, I think," you said. Ryan nodded, then headed off to his room. You pulled your camera, mic, and tripod out of your bag, setting them up then turning your camera on before you sat on the bed. You took a deep breath, then started talking.

"Hey guys, (y/n) (y/l/n) here. It's been a while, and I'm really sorry about that. The first thing you might notice is that my background is different. That's because I just moved to Canada with my best friend Ryan. When I say 'just moved' I literally mean I arrived here about a half an hour ago. I feel like I owe you all an explanation as to why I was gone for almost two years. I basically dropped off the face of the planet, so now I'm going to tell you why. I love being a YouTuber. I love the network of friends and fans I've created. The best part of it all is that my whole career is based solely on my hard work. It wasn't someone else who decided that my videos would be popular, just the time I spent on my content. That's why it frustrate me that someone else decided I was going to take this hiatus. A lot of you know I was dating Brandon before my hiatus, he was a common guest star in my videos. The thing with relationships is that sometimes you become blind to serious issues because you're so infatuated with your partner. In my case, Brandon became really manipulative and abusive. He would constantly try to change what made me (y/n), and I let him because I thought he knew me best and I trusted him."

"Brandon made me stop uploading videos. First he told me I was too good looking to post videos, and that he felt threatened by my viewers. I slowly stopped uploading, but he still wasn't satisfied. He told me to stop focusing on my career as a YouTuber and give him more attention. Because I stopped uploading, I stopped making as much money as I had been, so I became dependent on him for a place to live and food to eat. Then he started telling me that I wasn't as 'pretty' as I was before, and that he didn't like being seen with me because I might be recognized and he didn't want people to associate him with me. It got to the point where I was eating one meal a day just to be skinny enough for him. After a few more months of that, I met a group of Canadians online, Brayden, Mitch, and Ryan. You may know them as TheCampingRusher, MrMitch361, and Childdolphin. I'd talk to them while Brandon was at work, and they reminded me what it felt like to smile and be happy. Eventually I realized that being with Brandon was not healthy, so I found the courage to break up with him and move back in with my parents."

"Brandon knew where I was living though, so he started coming over unannounced, trying to win me back. He kept begging, and telling me he would change. I almost believed him too. Luckily I had three best friends to keep me relatively sane. I got a restraining order on him, but he would just contact me in other ways, through mutual friends or social media. Ryan's roommate recently moved out, so he offered to let me move in with him. So with no notice to anybody, not even my parents, I prepared to move to Canada. I said goodbye to my parents this morning when Ryan drove down to Oregon to pick me up, and then I moved up here with him. Now that I have a new start in my life, I'd like to start making videos again, so I hope you'll start watching again. Thank you," You finished, turning off the camera. You opened up your laptop, putting the files into your editing software and rendering the video onto YouTube as you made a quick thumbnail. Ryan's cat joined you, cuddling into your side as you watched some videos. In about an hour, Ryan knocked on your door, then entered the room.

"I saw your vid, proud of you," he hugged you.

"Ryan, will you do me a favor?" you asked into his shoulder.

"Of course," he said. You told him what you wanted, so he grabbed his car keys and you drove into town.

You were sitting in the salon chair, Ryan at your side.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked you. You looked at myself in the mirror and nodded, so the stylist began. You had her dye your hair a vibrant color. After she was done, you paid her, then joined Ryan in the car one more time.

"Next stop, tattoo," you said.

"Yeaaaaaaah" Ryan said, starting the engine and heading to his favorite tattoo parlor. Ryan stood beside you as the artist put the needle to your forearm.

After your appointment was over, you felt like a whole new person. Your past was behind you, and you were living with your best friend in a new country. Life was finally looking up for me.