59. He's missing, not dead. (HBomb94)

A/N: I didn't have any requests, so I chose a prompt from the list that I could write about. This is the first HBomb imagine I've written because I like to keep things as "canon" as possible, and since he was dating Corrine I couldn't bring myself to write anything. Who else was sad about their breakup? As sad as it was though, I'm glad they ended on good terms and are happy :) Enjoy!

LIAM'S POV

Liam had just finished recording a Cube episode with Parker when he checked his phone, which had been going off constantly for the past few minutes. He was greeted with a multitude of texts from his girlfriend.

Babe: Liam I need you

Babe: Pls tell me you're not recording.

Babe: it's an emergency

Babe: Literally crying in the kitchen help me

Babe: Get over here asap

Babe: LIAAAAAAAMMMMMM

Liam was immediately concerned. He wasn't supposed to hang out with (y/n) until later that afternoon. She would have waited to tell him whatever it was until he saw her if it wasn't urgent. Liam got into his car and drove the ten minutes to her house, his anticipation growing with every passing mile.

When he got to her house, he quickly jumped out of his car and let himself in like he had done a million times before.

"(y/n)?" he called, pacing quickly towards the kitchen and hoping she was still there. Luckily she was. The first thing he noticed was the redness of her eyes and the tear streaks down her face.

"Are you hurt?" He asked, kneeling down at her side and looking her over for any injury. She shook her head.

"What's wrong then?" he asked.

"Pickles..." she trailed off. Liam's heart stopped momentarily, afraid of what the end of her sentence would be. Pickles was (y/n)'s older sister's beloved hamster, whom (y/n) was watching while her sister was abroad.

"What happened to Pickles?" Liam prompted.

"I can't find him!" She cried, leaning into his shoulder. Liam ran his fingers through her hair and down her shoulder.

"I'll help you look for him, ok?" Liam said, taking her hands in his own and helping her stand up. She leaned into him again, taking a few deep breaths.

They started by scouring each room downstairs, checking every nook and cranny, before moving upstairs. They finished searching the upstairs with no avail, and (y/n) started crying again.

"What am I going to tell Emily?" she said.

"(y/n), listen to me," Liam said, pulling her chin so she was looking at him.

"He's missing, not dead. He's gotta be here somewhere," Liam's eyes met his girlfriend's, trying to show her hope that he was rapidly losing. Before he could say another word, they heard a noise come from the cage in (y/n)'s room. Upon further investigation, it was realized that the noise was caused by a little tan hamster.

(y/n) turned to Liam, eyes wide.

"I swear he wasn't in there when I checked this morning," she said. Liam just laughed, relief washing over both of them.