326. Why are you baking muffins at 3 in the morning? (PF)

ISAAC'S POV

Isaac finally finished recording around 3AM, so he took off his headphones and started getting ready for bed. He hadn't gotten much sleep the past few days, so he was more than ready to crash for a few hours (or 12). As he finally finished throwing the clips into his editing software so they'd be ready for the next day, he heard the clank of kitchenware, followed by a whispered curse. Isaac dragged himself out of bed, heading out of his office and into the kitchen.

What Isaac found was not what he was expecting. His girlfriend, (y/n), was standing at the counter, a muffin tray in front of her.

"(y/n), what are you doing?" Isaac asked her. She turned around to face him quickly.

"Oh my God Ize, did I interrupt your recording? I'm so sorry, I was just baking some muffins" she came over to him and pecked him quickly on the cheek. Isaac wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to his chest.

"I just finished recording. Why are you baking muffins are three in the morning?" Isaac asked into her hair.

"I couldn't sleep, and then I realized we didn't have anything for breakfast, so I decided to make some muffins," she said, going back over to her mixing bowl and resuming putting in the ingredients. Isaac followed her, putting his hands on her hips and leaning into her.

"I was just going to head to bed. Are you sure you're not tired?" he asked. (y/n) shook her head.

"I gotta finish these up first," she told him. Isaac nodded, kissing her on the cheek and then sitting at the small table they owned.

"You can go to bed if you're tired Ize, I'll be in in a bit." Isaac just shook his head, pulling out his phone. He started taking snapchats of (y/n) as she cooked, adding the time filter and other short captions. (y/n) finally put the muffins in the oven, then meandered over to Isaac. He pulled her down onto his lap, pressing his nose into her shoulder.

"Bed now?" he murmured, but (y/n) shook her head again.

"I can't go to bed while the oven's on Ize," she told him. They sat in silence while the muffins baked, both half asleep on each other. The timer startled them both awake when it went off. (y/n) got up and took the pan out, setting it on the stove and turning the oven off.

"Lets go to sleep now," Isaac said, grabbing her hand and sleepily guiding her to their shared room.

"Goodnight," he kissed her firmly as they settled into bed.

"Night Ize. There are muffins for breakfast," (y/n) joked. Isaac laughed quietly, then drifted off to sleep.