Snow Day (TofuuGaming)

Thud, thud, thud

You dragged yourself out of bed, running a hand through your hair. You opened your window just as a snowball sailed through, barely missing you and hitting the wall behind you.

"Whoops," your neighbor Joe said, throwing his head back with laughter, making you grin.

"What do you want?" you asked, just wanting to climb back into your warm bed.

"I heard you were home, and I wanted to know if you wanted to come build a snowman with me," he said hopefully.

"Maybe another day Joe, not feeling well today," you gave him a small smile.

"Can I make you some toast or something?" He shoved his hands in his pockets and rocked back on his heels.

"Don't you have to record today?" Joe was a gaming YouTuber.

"My PC is broken. Please (y/n/n)?" He begged.

"The back door's open, come on up when you're done," you sighed. Joe's face lit up.

"Thank you!" He said as you shut your window. You slid back into bed, curling up into a ball. You opened your eyes when Joe opened your bedroom door a few minutes later

"Hey (y/n)," he said cheerily, sitting on the edge of your bed.

"Thanks," you mumbled as he handed you the toast.

"How's college?" Joe asked, slipping off his sneakers and making himself comfortable.

"It's fun, miss hanging around here though," you said.

"Meet any guys?" Joe nudged your foot.

"There's one guy that asked me out, yeah," you said. You noticed the light drain from Joe's chocolate eyes as he looked away.

"I turned him down," you said, Joe's eyes snapped up again.

"Aw, I'm sorry," he said kindly.

"It's alright. What about you?" you wiggled your eyebrows. Blood rushed to his cheeks and he laughed nervously.

"There is a girl!" You inferred. Joe laughed again. Despite being two years younger than you, Joe was easily one of your best friends in Idaho. You used to see him more as a pesky little brother, but as you got older you continued spending most of your summers together, just hanging out as best friends.

"Please tell me," you pouted.

"Ok fine, there's a girl, I just don't get to see her much," he said.

"Internet friend? What's her channel?" You said, pulling up the YouTube app on your phone.

"She's not on YouTube, she's an IRL friend," he said. You started listing off girls from your town you knew Joe was friends with, but he said no for every one.

"Wait, why don't you get to see her much?" You asked.

"She's in college and doesn't come home often," he said with a sad smile.

"An older lady," you smirked. Joe laughed quietly.

"She probably doesn't even like me back."

"Aw Joe," you said, scooting closer to him and wrapping your arms around him compassionately.

"It's alright. It's just.. Gahhhhhhh... She's so perfect, (y/n/n). She's smart and funny and warm," he said.

"Does she laugh at all your jokes?" You asked. Joe nodded eagerly.

"Like gosh dang she's one of those people you want around all the time," he said.

"She must be home for break now, right?" you asked.