EPILOGUE ~ SNG

.Lucas.

Yesterday's game ended up surprisingly. We didn't imagine that we will be this year's basketball champion. Shawn even cried after they handed us the trophy. Our school supported us for as long as they can and when the game ended, everyone was in their 'ready-to-party' mode.

After everything ended and when they finally stopped throwing me up in the air, I moved towards the side of the court and searched for my only girl. Well, she totally never failed to amaze me. I was looking for her tiny figure huddled behind our bench, and when I found her, she raised her hands, holding a red banner, matched with her blushing cheeks and a smile smile creeping on her face. Gee. That part was actually embarrassing, in there was written 'Congratulations Lil Lu'. When I went to their place and innocently pointed for the banner, she told me it's not her idea, it's Lindsay's.

"At least she made use of it. If you guys didn't win, her banner would be of no use." Lindsay pointed out.

I held her chin so she could face me up, looking at her chocolate orbs made me regain my strength.

"Congratulations." She tiptoed and kissed my cheeks.

I held her waist and hugged her. Not caring even if I was still soaking wet by my sweat. "Thank you for being here."

"You guys are just too cute!" Lindsay interjected, clapping her hands. "So, I'll leave you guys here. See you around! Congrats again, Lucas."

I waved her off one last time before I turned my gaze downwards to look at the girl whose eyes were beaming with so much happiness.

"So, uh... Mom wants you to be at our house tomorrow. Dad will be there." She leaned down a little bit, tentatively saying those things to me.

Smiling, I kissed her forehead. "I will be there. Time?"

"Six in the evening." She told me. "And oh. Prepare yourself for some questions. Dad will probably act like a 'hunk' and interrogate you."

Grinning at her words, I nodded.

And so here I am, knocking on their door, with my heart hardly knocking on my chest. I never got this nervous before. Maybe it's because this will be my first time meeting his dad. I fully equipped myself with the possible questions he might throw at me. Even family matters.

The sound of the door creaked open and I held my breath for a moment when I saw a tall man standing in front of me.

Clearing my throat, I started to talk. "Uhm, hi. I'm Lucas. I'm pleased to meet you, Mr. Rainsworth."

"Call me Mark, and pleased to meet you too." He moved beside the door frame. "Come in."

I stepped into the house and the smell of a roasted pork filled my nostrils. Sitting at the couch where I last slept in, Mark sat across me, putting his glasses again and reading the newspaper.

Before I could die from too much awkwardness filling the air, her mom peeked from the kitchen.

I waved my hand. "Hi Eli."

Eli smiled at me cheekily. Pointing her spatula at the stairs, she said grinning, "Sab is upstairs, you might want to call her down?"

Mark snapped up from her seat. Looking at her wife with widened eyes, she just waggled her eyebrows at him. Trying to act calm again, he finally spoke. "I'll call her down. Just sit there or help Eli prepare the food."

Nodding at him, I watched him ascend the stairs, and so I went to the kitchen.

"Don't be scared. He's a great actor." Eli informed me.