CHAPTER 14

The lights went off, signaling the start of the Basketball Finals.

We took our seat near the players' bench. As usual, Agnes pulled out her earphones, her hands tapping her lap and roaming her eyes around, which totally means she's nervous.

As I scanned the gym, I can see the students of Greendale ( Yes, they won over the other teams so we will face them again. ) hollering, some painted their faces green, others waved their 'Go Green' banners in the air.

Well, Williams won't be beaten easily. A group of cheer leaders piled up near us, cheering and dancing as the drum roll started, to introduce the players of the game.

Both teams are now gathered in the court. The Greendale yelled 'Go Green', while the Williams yelled 'Champions' that made the crowd gone wild. Students from both team kept on boo-ing one another.

As I made my eyes into Lucas - who's already looking at me, we stared at each other for a second, then he winked. And I'm pretty sure my heart jumped off of my rib cage.

What a wimpy Cheese ball.

The buzzer rang and the game started.

Lucas was assigned to guard the giraffe man. He had a long neck, a long arms, long legs... Giraffe. Why did they let Lucas guard him? I know he's tall, but this one is way taller than him.

Shawn guarded Mr. Giraffe during their last game, and truth be told, Shawn was no match over this guy. Whenever he has the ball, he will just run into the middle, and he don't need to jump, just tiptoe a little and bam. Score. The ball is like a little candy for him.

But this time, Mr. Giraffe looked like a candy himself. Lucas kept on stealing the ball making a fast break points.

He smirked towards Mr. Giraffe's direction, as if he's provoking him to match his speed. On the other side, Mr. Giraffe was furious, and from his eyes, he's burying Lucas alive, and that gain another smirk from the jerk Lucas.

"He's provoking him." I mumbled under my breath.

"I guess." A familiar voice behind me said.

"Lindsay." I smiled at her. Agnes saw her and greeted with a nod.

"Is this seat vacant?" Pointing the seat beside me.

"Uh, yes."

She took her place beside me, then she spoke again. "Lucas is a jerk." She chuckled. "He's provoking that tall guy."

"Yea. And Mr. Giraffe is now furious." I told her, looking at Mr. All-Long.

"Mr. Giraffe?" She arched an eyebrow, then she smiled. "Well, Lucas is wise. Now the tall guy lost his concentration, and he's making him more furious by stealing the ball."

I shook my head on how Lucas is tricking Mr. Giraffe, and how is Mr. Giraffe biting from his traps.

The first half ended and were up by thirteen points. Mr. Giraffe was useless the whole period.

I saw Shawn and Lucas made their way in front of us, since were near their bench.

"Instead of listening to One Direction, why doncha' just cheer for me?" He bellowed at Agnes.

She pulled out her earphones then looked at Shawn straight to the eye. "First, it's not One Direction you fool." She leaned closer. "Second, you just scored six points so why would I cheer for you?!" She smirked at Shawn who smirked as well.

"You know my score, so it means you're watching." Shawn grinned as he high fived Lucas.

"Damn." Agnes leaned back to her seat and rolled her eyes.