CHAPTER 27

---

"Hey, are you sure you don't want to go home?" Agnes poked my cheek, positioning her face right in front of mine. "You're mom's probably waiting for you."

"I don't wanna go home with these." I whined, pointing my two bloodshot eyes.

Tears just kept on rolling down no matter how hard I try to hide it.

"You need to talk to your mom." She stared at me. As I was about to cut her off, she continued. "Mom knows best. I'm betting my life your mom knows what to do about that." She said assuringly.

Maybe I became too optimist that there's a chance he would accept me after knowing my past life. And so here am I, not knowing what to do. I pulled out my scarf when another tear fell off, but Agnes shrugged the tear away. I bit my bottom lip to control my sobbing. Agnes looked at me with much sympathy, but her eyes were sharp, like it's telling me that I need to help myself, too. She helped me a lot. Lindsay, too. Earlier at school, after we're dismissed, she pulled me into a tight hug then whispered 'I'm just here.'. Right after that, Shawn came running. After a lot of inhales and exhales, he stood up straight then put his both hands on my arms.

"Sticky note. I'll take care of him later... If things would go wrong. I'm not liking this either."

We're all puzzled by his sudden actions. Of course Shawn won't understand 'cause he don't know anything.

"Sab?" Agnes snapped her fingers in front of my eyes.

Tentatively, I answered her. "Yes. Let's go."

On the way to her car, she just held my arm, making me sure that she's just here beside me. Whatever happens, she's just a step away from me.

I just leaned my head at the window and watched the world passed. I thought things would be easier but I was wrong. I'm always wrong.

***

"Mom." I can't look at her straight in the eye.

Baffled, she moved closer to me. "Why sweetheart?" She placed her arm at the back of the couch, playing with my hair.

"Do you know who's the president's son?" I fiddled with the hem of my shirt. I just realized this became my habit whenever I'm nervous.

"Yes. I don't know his name but I know his face... He's cute." Mom giggled and I glared at her.

"Mom, You don't need to include the 'he's cute' part." Mom shrugged it off.

I moved closer to her, putting my head on her chest.

"He's Lucas." I said. Looking up at her. "He's my classmate."

Her eyes widened as she looked at me questionably. "Why did you just tell me now?"

"I didn't know it 'till the party." I shrugged. "You haven't seen him there?" Mom shook her head. "I know, 'cause you're too busy with food." Mom nodded, making me chuckle.

"Okay, uhm... Where should I start." I trailed off.

"Just tell me everything. I know you're hiding something since the party." Mom arched her eyebrow. "And you're eyes were always teary."

Swallowing hard, she grinned. Yea, as if I could keep secrets from this woman. Agnes was right, mom knows best. Mom was just waiting for me to say something, she didn't asked, she waited until I volunteered myself to spill whatever it is.

"Mom, what am I going to do if I'm falling hard to that guy already?" I shut my eyes close. Ashamed of what I just said.

I'm waiting for mom to say something like she is disapproving to what I'm saying but all I heard was a series of soft giggles.