CHAPTER 19

---

"Just put your bag anywhere." I told her before I left the living room.

I stepped into the kitchen, putting the snacks Agnes bought on the table. I did my groceries as well. Since I will still be alone for a week.

It's been a while since I invited someone here. And thinking that I'll be spilling something I hate made me nervous. Sighing deeply, walked out of the kitchen.

Agnes was roaming around, looking at the pictures hanging on the wall. Recognizing my presence, she smiled.

"Your dad?" She pointed the picture in front of her.

"Uhh. Yea." I mumbled.

She roamed her eyes again. Looking at every picture closely. Then she arched her eyebrows.

"You only have few pictures with your dad. Uh?" She questioned.

"Uhh. Yea. They're separated." I mumbled.

As if she felt that I don't want to talk about it, she dismissed the topic instantly.

She sat down the couch lazily. "I don't want to talk about it yet." She grinned. "I got a feeling it's gonna be dramatic."

"You got it right." I smiled weakly at her. "What do you wanna do first?"

She pursed her lips, trying to think of what to do. Sighing, she gave up. "Do you have anything in mind?"

I shook my head. "Movie?" I asked her.

"No. Movie time is after the story telling. It would take the drama atmosphere away." She laughed.

Before I could retort, I heard my phone ringing. I hurriedly pulled out my phone from my pocket, looking at the screen...

"It's mom."

As I answered the phone, I heard mom giggled.

"Hi Sab!" She said cheerfully.

"Hi mom! I miss you!"

"Oh! Before that. Open your Skype! We'll talk there! I'm running out of balance. Bye!" Then she hung up.

I pocketed my phone back. Sitting straight, I was confused by Agnes' reaction.

"Really? That's it? Not more that ten seconds then you hung up on her already?!" She looked... Mad.

"Calm down, Agnes. We'll talk on Skype." I walked towards my PC then turned it on. "She told me she was running out of balance." Logging in to my Skype, I saw mom's name and called her. She picked it up instantly. I looked back at Agnes then smiled. "See?"

"Hello, darling!" Her happy face occupied the whole monitor screen and it made me jump.

"Geez. Mom, you're too close!"

"I'm sorry, I was looking for something near the camera then--- Oh. Someone's there behind you?" Mom smiled at the screen.

"Y-Yes mom. Uhm." I motioned for her to come closer, and she did. Appearing on mom's screen, she smiled rather awkwardly. "Hi, Ms. Rainsworth, I'm Agnes. Nice to see you."

"Oh, darling. Just call me Eli." She winked at the screen making Agnes giggle.

"Okay, Eli." She gave her a thumbs up. "And by the way Eli, I'm staying here tonight. Is it fine?"

"Sure. She needs company."

Agnes made one last wave at mom before she disappeared at mom's screen. "Nice meeting you again, Eli."